Car pulling to right?

spinaltap

Reaction score
My '99 A4 occasionally pulls to the right as I'm braking at low speed. It doesn't happen when braking at speed, only when the speed drops down to about 20mph whilst I'm braking, and even then 90% of the time it's ok. It's probably just the tracking but could it be something more serious like the ABS or a problem with the quattro system?

Thanks.

If it was the tracking, it probably would pull all the time, not just when braking.

Have you checked the pads? Years ago, I had a car pulled to on side, but only when braking. Investigation revealed a fluid leak onto the pads on one side.

Lesson One: brake pads soaked in brake fluid don't work!

Lesson Two: Never, ever, rule out the obvious until you've checked it.

Good luck in finding the cause of yours, mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Possible that the brakes on the left are seizing slightly - it’s not uncommon for the brake pads to stick in the runners with the amount of brake dust/crap that gets in the way.

It had new discs and pads fitted a few months ago and the problem had been occuring both before and after that, and the brake fluid level seems to be almost to the brim so don't think it's leaking ...