Keyless entry kit

Mustafa4hmed

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a 1995 Audi A4 1.8SE which does not have remote alarm system. The alarm is armed by key (honks) and if you keep the key turned the windows will close also.

I want to get a keyless entry system that will arm the alarm, lock the car and also windows. Seen the ones on ebay but they look cheap to me. Does any one know which to go for?

also if anyone has the same car can u tell me this, if u are inside the car and lock the driver side door, all the doors get locked right? now when u open the drivers door should all doors unlock? as this aint the case on mines, doors only unlock with front passenger side.

Thanks

muzz

I have a 98se and they all lock from the key,so i would suspect a faulty switch or suchlike there. The drivers door is locking manually with your key, but the others are not being told to lock, hence.. switch

HTH

Hope you don't mind me jumping onto your post muzz but i have a similar query. I have just purchased a 1998 A4 2.5 tdi quattro (99 registered). It’s my first audi & it won’t be my last!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It’s got central locking which also closes the front two windows (Rears are manual) but I would prefer to get a remote function installed that is integrated into my key. (like the one mentioned above). am i better off going to an audi dealer to get it fitted? & any ideas of the cost? Pity the one mentioned by tracer is in italian not that i would know how to fit it anyway! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

neomaximus,

If you task Audi to do the remote central locking it will cost you a fortune.

I have the kit that Tricky D mentions above from VAGParts. It only takes 10 Mins to install and program. It will also operate the windows and sunroof if you hold the button in.

The remote keypad is not too big either, there are pics on the VAGParts website.

Regards,
Jim.

Cheers moschino

Just ordered one!

Audi dealer confirmed that it would cost silly money for them to fit one.

hi guys thanks for all your help.

I'm gonna go for the remote kit at VAG parts for 2 reasons.

1. Looks fairly simply to install (hope it really is though)

2. Looks quality - not like the ones on ebay. Mind you, the flip key one on ebay looks appealing but not too sure about quality. Also seems hassle to get key modified to be put into remote.

Just one question before I order... will the kit also trigger the alarm? and what exactly do u do to install?

thnx a lot guys,

muzz

Muzz,

The kit will activate the OEM alarm just as it does when you use the key to lock the car. The alarm control module is located within the central locking pump. There are instructions that come with the kit, they are easy to follow and should take you about 10 -15 Mins to complete.
Jim.

Thanks for you reply jim. I'll get it ordered and see how it goes as i've got quite a few scratches now caused by being unable to see the keyhole at night!!!

Muzz