AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    5th Gear

Status

Brake pad warning

I've had the symbol come on today and just wondered how much life the pads are likely to have in them. I know it depends on how you drive, but are we talking replacement this week, month, next month?

Kev.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel

Re: Brake pad warning

I think the rule of thumb is when the warning comes on you have around 1000 miles left, in reality it's probably more. I seem to remember mine costing IRO 40 HTH

Grumpy Old Man

Status

Does the pad wear indicator only work for the front pads, or does it monitor the rears as well?

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel

Fronts only mate

5th Gear

Status

Worth getting them done as soon as.... If not, wear and damage to the actual discs may occur.....

6th Gear

Status

I've had my warning light on for nearly a month now and still a bit left on the pads and i have driven nearly if not over 1000 miles.....got them changed last year a week after the warning light came on and 1/3 of the bloody pads were left on them what a waste of money. Getting mine done next week though otherwise im gonna be needing new discs too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

Cheers lads, just wondered. I've got a 500 mile round trip to do on Tuesday and I wondered if it was desperate to get them done before I go. I'll see if I can get it done over the weekend.

Kev.

5th Gear

Status

Never compromise on brakes..... That's my philosophy ...

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've had my warning light on for nearly a month now and still a bit left on the pads and i have driven nearly if not over 1000 miles.....got them changed last year a week after the warning light came on and 1/3 of the bloody pads were left on them what a waste of money. Getting mine done next week though otherwise im gonna be needing new discs too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I understanding you right?
    You had them changed last year and you reckon you need to change them again before the discs are damaged. How many miles do you drive to need the pads to be replaced once a year? I can't remember the last time mine were replaced; must have been 3-4 years/ 50,000 miles ago at least.

6th Gear

Status

tub tub i have driven about 18,000 miles since last year when they were done. I don't hang about mate and am heavy under breaking too. I enjoy driving my car and seeing what its capable of. Yeah it costs me more to run the car like this but i enjoy it.....just wish i had a faster car!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]