Chris NottSky Insurance
    6th Gear

Status

Rear wiper motor

So my rear wiper motor has just given up, noticed it's been slow for the last month or so. Looking around I can get a Valeo unit for around £80 on ebay, just been on web site ECP and they have a unit for £61, but it's made my a company called VistaPro, are these any good or am I just wasting my money. Not even looking at a used one as most will be on there way out. Also checked out GSF but they are £85 for an unknown brand.

2. # ADS
    ADS

VW + Audi mad

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by B5NUT View Post
    So my rear wiper motor has just given up, noticed it's been slow for the last month or so. Looking around I can get a Valeo unit for around £80 on ebay, just been on web site ECP and they have a unit for £61, but it's made my a company called VistaPro, are these any good or am I just wasting my money. Not even looking at a used one as most will be on there way out. Also checked out GSF but they are £85 for an unknown brand.
    Never heard of VistaPro, can't say I like the sound of it either tbh.....lol.
    I'd say try ringing your local branch of GSF and if need be ring HQ (I believe Birmingham) and ask what make it is.
    I never buy anything from them before I know the manufacturer, and they will know, if they look deeply enough into their PC.
    My local GSF always gives at least 10% off which makes them so competitive for most stuff, at least that's what I find.
    '99 Ming Blue A4 Avant TDi SE 110 + Dragon Performance Tuning Box
    Factory sunroof / Cruise / Aircon + Climate / Royale Blue leather

'72 1302LS Karmann Beetle Cabrio Silbermetallic

'63 Karmann Ghia Sunroof Coupe Pacific Blue

6th Gear

Status
    Yer also don't like the Word Vista... I did find this info Vista-Pro sued by Taiwan manufacturer | nashvillepost.com

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    You can strip your rear wiper down, clean, new brushes and regrease, should get it going again.
    You can also buy repair kits off ebay.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Seen a couple on ebay but it's almost £50 for the kit (or am I looking at the wrong one) may as well spend the extra £15 and get a new one, would be worth it if the only option was to buy one from Audi at over £120. Also got a 200 mile trip at the weekend so could do with it working.

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by B5NUT View Post
    Seen a couple on ebay but it's almost £50 for the kit (or am I looking at the wrong one) may as well spend the extra £15 and get a new one, would be worth it if the only option was to buy one from Audi at over £120. Also got a 200 mile trip at the weekend so could do with it working.
    Might as well if there is that much difference.

You're more than welcome to my unit mate.
    I've stripped it down, cleaned and regreased and no longer need it.
    Its been sat in the shed.

I don't use a rear wiper, just cover the rear glass in RainX style product and its fine.............Untill the salt build up, then you just wash it and recoat.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    I'm doing 100 miles a day so like to see out the back, and with the amount of salt on the road at the moment one trip just about covers the car in salt. Thanks for the offer but have just been over to GSF and got one, also ordered the plastic cover as mine was cracked.

Next thing is to try and get the arm off later today, I had to replace one on an A6 a couple of weeks ago and the dam thing was welled tried pullers, oil, and heat nothing would budge it. ended up cutting the thing off!

2nd Gear

Status
    Another piece of priceless audi design, lets run water through an electric component, f*****g genius who though that of that

anyway i have tried gsf units, it lasted just over a year,if the motor is seized you can strip as has been suggested if it's a seal or blocked pipe toss it and buy a new one, any ideas what audi charge these days???

6th Gear

Status
    Well opened the unit up and the brass tube that runs through the spindle has snapped just like in this repair thread Rear wash/wiper repair - Audifans.net so going to fit the gsf unit and see how it goes.

Your looking at around £133 for an Audi branded unit, or just get a Valeo unit, as my unit was a Valeo with an Audi stamp.

VW + Audi mad

Status
    I had to replace the rear wiper motor on my car back in 2005 just after I bought it.
    The rear wiper had developed a life of its own , would stop...start ...go like mad then randomly stop!
    Ended up getting a s/h wiper motor and when taking the old one apart found the tube had gone and the motor was full of washer fluid.
    Touch wood it has been fine ever since, but I always ensure that I have a very very strong solution of washer fluid in the bottle in an attempt to reduce any corrosion of that pipe!
    Oh and I also found all the connections in the washer hose from front of car to rear and wrapped each joint securely with insulating tape so they could never pop off and soak the interior!
    '99 Ming Blue A4 Avant TDi SE 110 + Dragon Performance Tuning Box
    Factory sunroof / Cruise / Aircon + Climate / Royale Blue leather

'72 1302LS Karmann Beetle Cabrio Silbermetallic

'63 Karmann Ghia Sunroof Coupe Pacific Blue

6th Gear

Status
    have a look at this. Mine wasnt working at all ( the mechanism) and i stripped it and it was as rusty as this and its ok now.Took about an hour and a half all in.
    Audi Addict • Cheap DIY Rear Wiper Jet and Motor Linkage fix.