1997-98 A4 TDI with cruise control wiring diagram wanted please!!!!!

Nessy

VW + Audi mad
Reaction score
After an aborted attempt at fitting cruise control to my late 1998 A4 today it turns out that what should have been a simple plug & play exercise has ground to a halt.
I really need a wiring diagram for the cruise control circuit for a car 1997/98 please, Haynes doesn't cover it at all and the Elsawin program on my PC has decided it doesn't want to show diagrams anymore!
I have the Facelift wiring diagram (dated 2.99) and its incorrect for my car.
The big issue is that I dont have a 15 pin white connector under the plenum chamber /ECU (which my cruise control stalk wires should have fitted into to) but a smaller 10 pin one instead....
Until I can at least see how the CC stalk is meant to be wired in on these earlier cars I fear I'm wasting my time trying to go any further.
I'd be more than grateful if anyone could post up the diagram or a link to one (have Googled but got no-where!)...

Thanks in advance......

B5 Passat TDI - Retrofitting Cruise Control
Is this of any use? It shows that plug and where to connect the pins?

Many thanks, but I've had a printed-off copy of that thread in my hands all afternoon and I'm still none the wiser!

The trouble is my Kufatec loom has just PIN numbers on it (its designed to mate up with that 15 pin white connector after all) , I need the correct wiring diagram to try and figure out which colour plug each wire should go to.
The fact that the 4 wires go to 3 different connectors is tantalising , am sure it won't be too difficult to do, if only I had a correct wiring diagram!!!!!

If your still stuck when im home I can send you the diagram from ElsaWIN.

If your still stuck when im home I can send you the diagram from ElsaWIN.

That would be brilliant, thanks!
I need the cruise control current flow diagram for an AFN 110bhp TDI, apparently the ECU changed from a 68pin to an 80pin one sometime in '98 , so need the 80 pin diagram......

Thanks again.

you have an 80pin ECU with the early harness?!

It looks that way!
2 separate connectors on the back of the ECU, one is larger with 52 pins, the other smaller with 28, so that makes it an 80 pin right?
Dont understand this mixture of old/new that appears on my car, was it made on a Friday afternoon perhaps?

It looks that way!
2 separate connectors on the back of the ECU, one is larger with 52 pins, the other smaller with 28, so that makes it an 80 pin right?
Dont understand this mixture of old/new that appears on my car, was it made on a Friday afternoon perhaps?

Friday afternoon special.

Shame it never works in our favours. :(