EM TuningSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Wandering behaviour

Morning,

my A4 is behaving a bit weird. On the motorway its weaving all over the place, all the tyre pressures are OK and the tyres are 2 months old. Its only recently started doing this (last 2 -3 weeks) and I realise that the increased winds will affect the stability (those on the outside of the car anyway [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]) but I can't put my finger on it. It feels almost like the rear is moving and not the front, my first thoughts were rear trailing arm bushes and/or rear dampers.

Any help on this is appreciated.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status

Re: Wandering behaviour

I'm about to change the rear bushes on my A4 Avant for the same reason. Jack the rear of the car up and check them for wear.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel

I tried jacking mine up to spot wear, but couldnt detect any however hard i barred stuff, I am however suffering as you have described, in fact i have had it step out and spin, possibly due to this so i would be curious to know how hard/easy and costs please chaps

1st Gear

Status

Check the shock absorbers. My off side rear one went causing the cars rear end to wobble everytime i went over a bump.
    I managed to get a complete suspension strut from a breakers for 45. The rear struts are not keyed so either side will fit. Easy to replace.

Neutral

Status

Well, my comment about the tyres being OK was wrong. I checked them this morning and they were 2 PSI down all round. Pumped 'em up and everything seems OK now. I think the dampers are on the way anyway so might change them, thanks for the replies.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel

I did change shocks and springs all around (Eibach/sensortrac)as well as the rear tyres are matched, ahh well i guess i had better keep an eye on it,lol