Keys locked in car

Reaction score
Hello all, happy Easter and all that. I know I'm going to get a bit of stick for this but what's done. is done. I've lost my main set of keys and the other set are in the car. Any ideas on how to get In? It's a 4 door A4 saloon.

Smash the window ???? Or if theres some way to get to the vac lines in the boot to pressurise/vac the system to pop the locks ??

I was thinking of smashing the rear quarter passenger side window and using a long pole to operate the lock switch on the drivers door. how does that window fit in?

Do you have windscreen cover/insurance ????

no smashed glass, new windscreen and keys in your hand !!!

Don't smash the rear quarter, it's very expensive to buy and it's bonded to the car. You better off calling a locksmith and pay him to open the car for you.

I replaced a rear quarter under insurance and my excess was 75. I did ask about not going through insurance and they wanted 350 for the glass.

Your a bit of a treck away but I have pm'd you, I could help you into your car with no damage. I am looking to gain a little experience in auto 'lockouts'. Only gained entry to my 2 cars and a few in the scrapyard so far!

If your going to break a window, as above break a door window rather than the rear quarterlight.

Door window you can easily get from a breakers for a couple quid, quarterlight is expensive and requires professional fitting.

If your going to break a window, as above break a door window rather than the rear quarterlight.

Door window you can easily get from a breakers for a couple quid, quarterlight is expensive and requires professional fitting.

I'd add - cover the glass in adhesive tape/film first. When the glass is broken it will explode everywhere because it's toughened. Trust me when I say you'll be finding bits weeks later. Possibly do a rear side window (not quarterlight), so there's less chance of it going onto the dash and into air vents, etc.

AA and RAC will use plastic wedges to lever door, but that was going back a few years when central locking could be accessed from top of the door.

Prise the top of the door open with soft faced tools and use a bit of steel or somilar to press the door button to pop the locks. If that doesn't work you'll need to operate the door handle on the inside twice to open a door. All of this depends where the keys are stored?

Doesn't help the OP but ever since I've owned my A4 I've carried a spare (obviously cut) key blade sellotaped to an old credit card inside my wallet, takes up no space and means that I'll never be locked out....

I have professional lock picking tools, ill never smash a window again! Wedges through top of door are ok if you can fish the keys out but have to be careful not to bend the door.

I rang my insurance company and they sent out a locksmith as lost keys were covered under my policy