EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    No Gear

Status

Keys locked in car

Hello all, happy Easter and all that. I know I'm going to get a bit of stick for this but what's done. is done. I've lost my main set of keys and the other set are in the car. Any ideas on how to get In? It's a 4 door A4 saloon.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Smash the window ???? Or if theres some way to get to the vac lines in the boot to pressurise/vac the system to pop the locks ??
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

5th Gear

Status
    Are you in the AA/RAC or any recovery plan?
    They will be able to open it.

No Gear

Status
    I was thinking of smashing the rear quarter passenger side window and using a long pole to operate the lock switch on the drivers door. how does that window fit in?

5th Gear

Status
    Can you prise the window frame out a little and get anything down to the switch?

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Do you have windscreen cover/insurance ????

no smashed glass, new windscreen and keys in your hand !!!
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

6th Gear

Status
    Don't smash the rear quarter, it's very expensive to buy and it's bonded to the car. You better off calling a locksmith and pay him to open the car for you.
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

5th Gear

Status
    I replaced a rear quarter under insurance and my excess was 75. I did ask about not going through insurance and they wanted 350 for the glass.

6th Gear

Status
    Your a bit of a treck away but I have pm'd you, I could help you into your car with no damage. I am looking to gain a little experience in auto 'lockouts'. Only gained entry to my 2 cars and a few in the scrapyard so far!
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    If your going to break a window, as above break a door window rather than the rear quarterlight.

Door window you can easily get from a breakers for a couple quid, quarterlight is expensive and requires professional fitting.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    If your going to break a window, as above break a door window rather than the rear quarterlight.

Door window you can easily get from a breakers for a couple quid, quarterlight is expensive and requires professional fitting.
    I'd add - cover the glass in adhesive tape/film first. When the glass is broken it will explode everywhere because it's toughened. Trust me when I say you'll be finding bits weeks later. Possibly do a rear side window (not quarterlight), so there's less chance of it going onto the dash and into air vents, etc.

AA and RAC will use plastic wedges to lever door, but that was going back a few years when central locking could be accessed from top of the door.
    2010 Škoda Fabia 1.6 TDI CR (105) Elegance (31k)
    2002 A2 1.4 TDI SE (130k)
    2001 A4 2.5 TDi Avant Quattro Sport, aka Amrak Locomotive (162k)
    1995 80 TDI Avant SE (175k) Sold

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Prise the top of the door open with soft faced tools and use a bit of steel or somilar to press the door button to pop the locks. If that doesn't work you'll need to operate the door handle on the inside twice to open a door. All of this depends where the keys are stored?

VW + Audi mad

Status
    Doesn't help the OP but ever since I've owned my A4 I've carried a spare (obviously cut) key blade sellotaped to an old credit card inside my wallet, takes up no space and means that I'll never be locked out....
    '99 Ming Blue A4 Avant TDi SE 110 + Dragon Performance Tuning Box
    Factory sunroof / Cruise / Aircon + Climate / Royale Blue leather

'72 1302LS Karmann Beetle Cabrio Silbermetallic

'63 Karmann Ghia Sunroof Coupe Pacific Blue

6th Gear

Status
    I have professional lock picking tools, ill never smash a window again! Wedges through top of door are ok if you can fish the keys out but have to be careful not to bend the door.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

Reverse Gear

Status
    I rang my insurance company and they sent out a locksmith as lost keys were covered under my policy