Help!

nemo2182

Reaction score
****** cars, wasn't life so much easier as a snotty kid on a pushbike? Anyway, I need S4 help again. I had what I thought was a rocker cover gasket leak and decided to strip it down and replace today. Now after successfully fitting I still have a leak....I know this cos its stinks and oil comes out from behind the engine.anyway, I took my good old HTC flashlight to the offending offside engine bank and noticed the oil is coming out of a circular style plug? Now I haven't bothered to search yet, so I'm hoping can save me the hassle and tell me A. What it is....and B. Is it easy to fix! So to recap, its a toothed circular style plug located at bank of engine, next to cam chain, just above where the gasket sits....anyone?

It will be the cam tensioner seal that looks like a half circle you will need the tool to remove the cct to get at the seal.

I believe its the CAM Sealant Cap. Looks very simply to replace, just pops out, no tools required!!!

There are two half moons on the rocker cover. One is part of the rocker cover gasket itself, the other comes as a kit with the gasket for the cam chain tensioner.