AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport

Thread: Torque Steer

Neutral

Status

Torque Steer

Hey Guys,

Having owned my A4 T sport for a couple of months, i feel i am getting used to driving it and givin it a good stretch every now and then [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], my question is do you guys experience torque steer?

I feel it is quite noticeable if you are really accelerating hard, say when you are going to overtake someone, or are coming out of a 30 into a national speed limit.

On one occasion it felt like it pulled out for me as i put my foot down.

This doesnt make for confident progress. I drive with both hands ( quarter to three ) so can correct it, but it just doesnt feel right.

Coming from a Bee Em, i know its gonna feel different coming to FWD, but when i tested my mates sport, it didnt weave at all. And yes i did boot it, he was quite keen for me to try it out.

Do you think it could be the tyres? His were continental contacts and mine are something like pirelli 5000? its got 6000's on the back and different tread up front.

It also seems quite easy to spin the wheels. Not the image i wish to portray.

Any comments / suggestions?

Thanks for your time

Regards

Nige

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status

Re: Torque Steer

i find i get a bit of torque steer when giving it some beans, i find death grip on the s wheel until 4th gear and then its ok, really bad in 2nd on bumpy uneven roads. but adds to the fun. =)

Neutral

Status

Death grip it is. best leave the full beans till on the big main roads, not the smaller 2 lane backroads.....

I notice it most in 2nd too as it goes.

imported_kris_tdi

try driving a 300 ib/ft fwd a4 then!!!

...Watching you!

Status

Try some different tyres. Toyo T1-s or Goodyear Eagle F1's will solve your traction problems... I'm using Toyo T1-S with 320+bhp.

RIch

Neutral

Status

If i had 300 lb ft fwd, then i wouldnt be complaining. I would expect it. i would also be travelling quite a bit faster too : )

Rich, you must be S3'd up with that sort of power.

Will look at those two brands you mentioned. May be i will do some O/T to pay for some new treads.

Thanks for the replies.

Nige

imported_kris_tdi

i must say since changing the tyres from 205/55/16 to 225/50/16 and fitting an adjustable suspention kit it made a world of difference.
    in the wet is another issue though and the audi ASR is a pile of cr4p.

imported_Audi_DavE

yer i get it a little on my A4. Not hellish ammounts but ican feel it pulling when i boot it to pass a car or norally the most when im going from 1st to 3rd. Takes the Michael when ur getting tramlining aswell (wheeles get caught in that dip at the side of the road)...