front brake upgrade

jas828

Reaction score
my 1999 a4 b5 tdi is due front discs in next couple of months keep reading about the 312mm disc upgrade can i do it on mine ?will it fit behind standard wheels ?what part exactly needed ?

I did the full 8D S4 face lift brake upgarde on my sport quattro, and even my wife loves it, you will need, S4 wheel bearing housing's, (uprights) and depending what size your outer C/V joints are you may need to replace them too as the S4 uses an 82mm wheel bearing. My car is a 2000 model 1.8t sport quattro and the S4 uprights fitted all my suspension links and drive shafts, So look for one of these breaking somewhere if you need parts to make it work, if you do this you will struggle to get wheels to fit over the calipers, apart from 8D S4 items. It may not be as straight forward as you expect and if your car is standard I would suggest buying original Audi or other high quality disc and pads and save yourself some hassle.

All you need is a set of carriers off an Audi with 312mm brakes. TT some A6's and some of the B6 A4's. 99% sure my carriers came of an A6. Set of 3.0 B6 A4 discs and a set of B5 pads to use in your existing calipers. My conversion took 45 mins start to finish to do and was a marked improvement over the originals.

Standard
IMAG0299.jpg

IMAG0302.jpg