Mudflaps On 1.8T 97 B5

bigdog23

Reaction score
ImageI recently purchased 4 mudflaps from eBay to put on my 1.8T but they do not fit, there is nowhere on any of the arches to screw flat part of the mudflaps on. I just wondered is there a particular name of design or shaped mudflap to buy as you don't know until you buy whether it fits or not?
I know some of you will probably say don't put mudflaps on a model that originally didn't have them, but I've always thought if you get the right mudflap they can finish off a car well.

More is there a method of attaching these flaps to the car by buying an attachment?
thanks guys

Last edited:
I've always fitted Genuine Accessory mudflaps which fit like a glove (first my 80 Avant and now the A4), there are so many variations with model years etc that fitting generic ones seemed like a recipe for disaster.
The front ones on my car have sort of rubber mounting flanges built-into the flap and are held onto the car using very stout 'C' shaped spring steel clips, the rears have a combination of clips/screws IIRC, it was a long time ago now!
Sorry not to have any more positive news, but I'd go Genuine.

Reactions: bigdog23
You can no longer buy the Genuine flaps, I've got found a new set for the front now searching for the rears.

You can no longer buy the Genuine flaps, I've got found a new set for the front now searching for the rears.

What a pain, I bought mine just after purchasing my A4 in 2005.
I'd have thought Audi would've supported these older models for a bit longer, obviously not........