Unstable/floaty rear end + knock

Chriscooke

Clueless!
Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
My car has become unstable at the rear while cornering. I've checked the springs etc but could see nothing untoward. The car has developed a knock from the rear also which appeared at the same time. The back end actually stepped out off throttle the other day which was fun yet concerning..

What bushes etc could be at fault? Suspension top mounts perhaps?

On these cars its likely that all of them will need doing along with roll bar bushes and drop liks and also the rear control links the knocking could be the middle box hittng the n/s/r lower arm !!

It does sound like an exhaust nock but I've tried to replicate it with the car on the ground and on ramps with no success :(

Push the exhaust tailpipes towards the n/s of the car you may get it to knock if it only does it round right hand corners then this will 99% be your problem.

It'll only do it over bumps tbh. When I corner hard there is strange noise as well but I can't really describe it. I'm guessing I should check the wheel bearing also?

Will try pushing the exhaust towards the nearside to see if I can make it touch. The exhaust seemed in better condition than I expected when I had a look under the car the other day.