ECU help!

B5QUAT

Reaction score
Just took the ECU out of the car to remove the aftermarket chip fitted. Plugged the old OEM chip back into the chip socket soldered on the board by the chipper and put it back in the car.

Car now turns over but won't fire.

Gonna try puttin the uprated chip back in and see if it runs again.

Any ideas what I could have done wrong????

Chip is in the right way, might it have got damaged somehow while out of the car?

Any pointers in the right direction very much appreciated.

Check for any obvious signs of bent/crushed pins on ecu and chip make sure its DEFINATELY in the right way other than that i wouldnt of thought disconnecting it would harm anything so long as you didnt have the ignition on when disconnecting it, have you got vagcom ??? If no joy im in oldham 2moz and could try get over with laptop if needs be.

Any joy pal ??

The weather put me of yesterday and it's not much better today. I'll whip it back out when I get chance an have a proper look. Pretty sure all the pins were ok and it's definately in the right way. I'll double check the pins tho and let you kno. I even took the battery negative terminal off to disconnect and reconnect. I'll see if I can work it out and put the uprated chip back. If not we can always have a look at it on the 1st when we do the exhaust. I've not got vagcom, no so if you could bring it, that would be great. cheers.