Cheap as chips !!

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Well as we all are doing little bits and bobs of modding every now and again i though it would be good if we had a 'cheap' mods thread were we can post our little upgrades up they cant be 'steal' upgrades but ones that are sub £100 and are relatively priced parts used or new.

Metal pressed plates for £40 delivered, look so much better than standard plastic plates!

Twin rear foglight upgrade on facelift tail lights.

Remove n/s light cluster (4x 8mm bolts) use Dremel or stanley knife to open bulb recess in back of cluster. Fit 21w bulb and trial fit bulb holder and trim further if required. Refit unit to car, plug in light harness and check.

Cost: £2 for bulb

Yeah pressed plates is a good one it was one of the first i did along with audi sport plate holders !!

hmm twin rear fog i may do that one but then again i hadly uses my rear fogs but i guess it would be useful if i ever did uses them lol

Silver indicator bulbs, from 5 to 20 quid depending on manufacturer.

Yeah pressed plates is a good one it was one of the first i did along with audi sport plate holders !!

hmm twin rear fog i may do that one but then again i hadly uses my rear fogs but i guess it would be useful if i ever did uses them lol

I have just stuck some on mine tbh great upgrade for a vag car. Ive not gone for holders though couldn't make my kind up to weather i like them.

Ive kept the audi ones ive just removed so could put them on if i change my mind lol

This is a free mod, when you can't take the rain scuttle off round the bottom of the windscreen coz some numb head in the past has chewed the plastic heads, heat up a large flat blade screwdriver (heat source is your choice) and stick it in the plastic heads to make a lovely slot, clean off burnt plastic with sharp knife, for asthetics it's best to do both sides!

Magnetax tax disc holder is a nice cheap way to clean up the windscreen from awful ugly big tax disc holders.

I've just fitted a £2.95 (delivered) EGR valve blanking plate to my TDI.
Its relatively thin stainless steel (more like a gasket really) and I've put it on the outlet flange of the exhaust manifold underneath the existing flexy pipe leading up to the EGR valve assembly.
It doesn't look as if any mod has been done at all.
There's no longer plumes of black smoke when I give it some welly, the low-down pickup has been transformed and I can't believe the difference it has made.
Wish I'd known about it (and done it) ages ago!