Cheap rant recirc valves / DV

jay_tqs

Reaction score
Just wondering if the 35 pound cheap ebay recirc valves are upto the task, I know a forge or quality product would be ideal, but I don't have the money for luxuries atm,
so just want to know if they won't leak boost and disassemble and empty into my pipes lol

If you want a cheap one that will be upto the job get a 710N from dealers there about £25 or maybe buy a used forge 007p for £60-80 heres one on ebay 281081392421

Yeah go with a 710 in that case, just remembered I have a Bosch dv off my old Saab aswell may try that first

I put 2 nice and shiney eBay ones on my a6 last week work great, 3 different springs provided too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363888454485598

I recently gone back to a 710n valve after having an ebay copy valve, worked well for years but since going back to the bosch valve the needle on my boost gauge has less eratic movement and holds boost better, new spring would probably have cured it, might have been leaking too. Happy with the bosch one but would buy another ebay one no problem. Seen some splitter clones on there too, been tempted by them before.

Even the genuine ones leak, so an ebay one almost certainly will!

710N however wont leak, unless its broken.

Bill/Mark at Badger5 did some videos of various DV's holding pressure, and only the 710N was leak free IIRC.

I have a forge 007p fitted and its been trouble free since i fitted it, its due servicing soon as ive not done it since its been on the car.

But it still does its job but its another each to there own id expect a forge to last as long as a 710n if its serviced as its a piston and not a diaphragm jobbie !!

Thanks for the help, 710n is the way to go then, just wondering here as a day dream idea, Could and dump valve be enclosed and recirculated to satisfy the n75 valve, as i once bought a hks ssqv for 50 pounds brand new, it was a steal, and genuine, Now if there was a way of rigging that up and enclosing the vent to atmosphere so it vents to the n75 valve, i think that would make a pretty epic sound, like a muffled whooshing almost chattering sound because of the ssqv whistle. plus the ssqv is supposed to be designed so it cant leak boost.