Badger5AH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Running Problems with 1.8T

hi guys i have a problem with my 1.8 turbo i have just put porformance plus in and k and n oil filter. Them i put tesco 99 % octane fuel and it just died and would take ages turning it over to start is it running to rich its had a stage1 remap1? Any ides to help me cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    It's died since firtting th filter? iI'd bet the maf has given up due the oil from the filter. unless the fuel was full of water I cannot see that being an issue. It's all just an unhappy coincedence.

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    I think hes put performance spark plugs and k&n oil filter on not an air filter ??? Stick to ngk bkr6e's i use k&n oil filters on every filter change never had problems with them, id check your fuel make sure you havent mistakenly put diesel in ive never done it but tends to be the case if it dies after fuelling if you got a receipt double check it as diesel will settle below the petrol in the tank, or as byzan said the maf is probably bust and its just utter coincidence check your plugs are tight aswel and not come loose as it will loose compression !!
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Reverse Gear

Status
    Good luck getting diesel in a petrol car, The pump nozzle is too big to fit in most cars!
    if you suspect the MAF, Disconnect it and try to start the car, the ECU will revert to a predetermined value and let you condem it or rule it out! Failing that you are back to basic checks, compression, fuel and spark!
    but like bradders says, Stick to the NGK plugs!