Bad mix of country roads, alloys and silly woman in Range Rover

Rallyman

LPG Abuser & have VAGCOM
Reaction score
Bad start to the day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif , while avoiding a woman in a Range Rover on a slim country road the big kerbasorus (though it could have been a rockasorus??) munched on 2 of my wheels and one of my new rear tyres /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif
does anyone know of someone in the Chelmsford area that refurbs alloys, or has some one out there got some of the 17" Sport 10 spokes for sale??? Are these wheels rare ?
Many Thanks
Michael

No real need to describe the woman as silly, just "woman in a range rover" tells us all we need to know.
That's a bummer, is the suspension OK?
I did a similar manoevour in my old GTi and thought I just needed a new front wheel & tyre (the hidden curb had taken a chunk out of the wheel but the tyre was still driveable), however on closer inspection the wheel had shifted back about 2 inches and the camber was extreme so the bulk of the front nearside suspension had to be replaced - £1,600!
Luckily it was a company car. Hope yours is OK.
Coming back from go karting in my mates A3TQ, he took this roundabout way too fast and we ended up skidding up over 2 kerbs and down the other side at about 50mph and all he needed was a new rear tyre. It felt like he'd wiped out the whole suspension on one side. Hope you're as lucky.

thats the problem with modern chassis's and subframes. As they get lighter, they sometimes get softer and weaker.

Just be thankful you weren't driving an Elise, those chassis's are glued (yes glued) together.

Thanks I'll check the suspension to see if im lucky fingers X'd!! Hey I only to have to tow my rally car around this weekend - OMG!
Ive got a small chink out of the new tyre I think I'll be able to get away with that though the front wheel needs a refurb. The tyre on the front that will be replaced soon no damage to the side wall ho hum!
Garage round the corner from where I work is meant to be having a look at it (another problem... Noise coming from rear N/s wheel area when turning left!) any help....?
Ive had a look round to see if I can get another wheel (ebay etc..) though I'm not sure if it is an Audi wheel??? Having trouble posting a picture of the wheel on the site. Can anyone point me in the right dirction?
Many thanks!
Michael

You have to host the picture somewhere else (like photobucket.com) then just cut & paste the IMG string into your message on here.
Just be aware that the chip on the tyre could result in a blow out. My wife took a chip out of the sidewall of one of my rears (which was fairly new), no bulging or anything untoward, then a few weeks later the tyre let go on the M27 - completely disintegrated, luckily she was able to get over to the hard shoulder without colliding with anything. It'll also be an MOT failure.

Ok wil try to do that now, in the mean time it looks like may extra rattle waas coming from a heat sheild behind the rear brake disc. I'll find out tonite on the way home! Suspension also look like it coped with what ever I whacked phew!
I'll see if I can claim on the credit card insurance???? 'bout time they paid me ??!! Thanks for the advice.
oh heres a link to a picture of the wheel...see if it works???

http://audiwheel.blogspot.com/

Cheers
Michael

I'm sure you'd get some new wheels from Audi but wouldn't want to guess at the cost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

They're definately Audi items, they come as standard fit to all Facelift 1.8T Quattros (1999.5 on...). I sold all five of mine a while back when I bought the RS4s (two of which now need refurbing themselves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif). Actually, I sold them to a guy called Mike, wasn't you was it!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anyway... good luck in your search.

Tim

Many thanks,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
I'll keep me eyes peeled for some on ebay. Are there any decent late Audi breakers in the Essex area? Or when Ive saved me pennies and take it into Audi for its service I'll ask how much, though I might take a seat to sit on when they tell me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif
Still one thing nothing happened when I towed with it last weekend! Phew!
Michael