not so good vibrations

hewy

Reaction score
hi guys , i have a 99 a4 b5 1.9 tdi se which i ran on 18" rs4s for about 1 1/2 yrs, went back to 16"std speedlines (sprayed matt black ) ride was always bit shaky and vibrationy ( made up word) with rs4s on , when put speedlines back on it was smooth as silk for a while but now up to 55 is smooth but anything over about 60 it vibrates through steering wheel & pedals quite badly , been to few garages and had loads of links , top and bottom arms and other things replaced but still keeps doing it and garage cant find anything obvious thats worn or broken.. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated .. thanks guys : tyres are all good and still does it when swapped tyres front to back .

tracking, toe in / out..
bearings? id probably replace the bearings on the front first and try that, then see if its needs tracking up

thanks ,will try them first , wondered if could have been driveshafts but will try cheaper jobs u suggest first , would tracking make it vibrate, bearings arent making any noises but worth a look , thinking of selling her soon so need to sort it before anyone testdrives , will be sad to see her go but i need estate car , maybe a b5 or newer avant .. ps , any idea how to stop condensation in headlamp without replacing , thanks again ..... : )