Snapped something????

Andyb5

Reaction score
Hi all just looking to tap in to some audi sport members knowledge

i noticed something very minor on my 1.8t this morning i say minor but in honesty it looks f. King bad........its on the driver side and looks like an engine mount to me but has a clean snap straight through it.

pics attached if anyone could confirm what it is and let me know how much a replacement one is likely to be???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 103
its an alloy bit that bolts to the car,and the engine mount and front arb bolt onto it

tony

Do you know what the part is called???

This is the other side not broken!!! If that helps give a better idea of what it is, it does look like a relatively smallish part im hoping anyway

subframe sounds expensive!! Is that what it is????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 127
I have got a spare,but its from a diesel so not sure if it will fit yours.If I remember rightly,its held onto the car with 3 or 4 bolts,and the front arb and engine mount.Fairly easy to remove.No idea what its called though.

tony

Someone must know what this part is called???

Its not really the subframe, its sort of a mounting bracket for the engine and antiroll bar.

Diesel one should fit fine, they're the same on all B5's. I had some spares too, but they were weighed in last week.

I have got a spare,but its from a diesel so not sure if it will fit yours.If I remember rightly,its held onto the car with 3 or 4 bolts,and the front arb and engine mount.Fairly easy to remove.No idea what its called though.

tony

I took it into my local mechanic today who thinks theyr pretty cheap to come by so hopefully have it fixed by the end of the week im dropping it off wednesday morning hoping theyll fit my coilovers for me at the same time