Hello im new need a few bits of advise.

veedub89

Reaction score
right i could do with a few bits of help please guys, i have an a4 quattro sport 1.8t estate.
need help with the following
  • rear washer dosnt work, it pumps water into passenger foot well. is there a join near there or could it be a split?
  • the boot you have to slam quite hard. the lip of boot lid rubs on the bumper. any ideas? could i adjust the hinges?
  • in the engine bay, i have noticed 2 fans on the rad. 1 constant and 1 electric, the engine dosnt seen to get very hot, is this because of the constant fan?or does the system need bleeding for air?
  • and any quick or easy fixs for the computer display in the clocks.? the top section works ok which shows abs fuel warnings ect. but the bottom section has lots of line through it, does it display mpg?
  • oh and abs light is on. any ideas.

cheers in advance

View attachment 11915

If your ABS light is on it is most likely an ABS sensor that has gone, My MK 4 golf went through quite a few of these, The best way to check is to run VAGCOM on your car, I was able to clear the errors to get it through its MOT but ended up changing the sensor in the end.

Again, with the passanger footwell problem, i ended up changing my door seal as thats what was causing my leak but audi may be different, i am new to audi but im sure someone on here will be able to help you.

I hope this helps for now

i am pretty sure its not a door seal as it only comes in if i use the rear washer. whats a vagcom? diagnostic machine?
cheers

Pic looks like you have a B5 Avant, you might get some more advise over in the B5 section ( ScottB5 would be the man to ask!)

A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)

Temp should sit about 90 degrees, so change your thermostat for a new one, look on the vagcom section and see if there is any body local to you who may be able to scan the car and locate which abs sensor is at fault, pretty sure the estate does feed it's washer that side, but also check your scuttle drain are clear too

right i could do with a few bits of help please guys, i have an a4 quattro sport 1.8t estate.
need help with the following
  • and any quick or easy fixs for the computer display in the clocks.? the top section works ok which shows abs fuel warnings ect. but the bottom section has lots of line through it, does it display mpg?
  • oh and abs light is on. any ideas.

QUOTE]

With regard to these 2 probs: your LCD display sound to me that it could be knackered, I'm sure someone on here has been able to replace that part ( should be a DIY thread)
As for the ABS, if there is no-one local to you for VCDS....you could get a cheap cable from ebay & download VCDS Lite, this will be good enough for you to just read fault codes from the car & tell you which ABS sensor is faulty)

cheers for you help guys, does anyone have any idea about the boot lid?
oh and the badge on the grill and boot says s2, any reasons?

Someone has been a prat and stuck them on there!

Last edited:
This is an S2 Avant
ZV_A4_HI050027_large.jpg