speakers

Indian

Reaction score
Hello people what if I want to change my speakers at rear Ive got A4 2.4 se saloon rear speakers are really nackered which should I go for & do I need any sort of brackets or will it fir straight on , Let me know guys & the front near side door speakers is gone is it worth to get after market one or replace it with the original Audi .

Cheers people . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

All the speakers need adapter rings in order to fit aftermarket units. The rears are 6.5" coaxials and the front 4" components with a 1" tweeter. The fronts are well worth upgrading and you can fit 5.25" units with a bit of jiggery pokery. The rears are more fiddly as you need to either reuse the rear amp (bolted to the rear left speaker) or wire in a small 2ch amp (some of the old black Alpine amps are ideal for this as they are very small and can use the original power supply connections, 3501 IIRC).
My recommendation for a much better upgrade would be to replace the front components and use the rear holes to mount a couple of JL Audio 6.5" subs running off a reasonable amp, this way you get better use out of the rears and a lot more punchy bass without compromising boot space. Ebay is an excellent source for Alpine amps at ludicrously cheap prices.