Chris NottJMB Retrofits

Thread: ECU UPGRADE !!

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status

ECU UPGRADE !!

Whats involved in swapping the ECU in my TQS to a AGU ECU, could someone specify the full ins and outs ??

might look at doing this if it seems a good route to go !!
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

2. # ADS
    ADS

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    more or less a streight swap.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Status
    When you say more or less whats involved ?? What pin layouts need to be changed or parts need to be added IE oil level sensor etc ???

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Nothing, just plug it in, code the immo and drive. Then remap it as you see fit.

Mark had some issues coding the immo on his one iirc and ended up disabling it.

Also it needs to be a specific AGU ecu, the earlier ones are rubbish. I THINK its an 018CJ you need.

Status
    Can you recode the immo through vagcom ??

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    yes, but you need the SKC for the cluster and ECU, which will require vagtacho or similar.

Status
    The AGU is 150bhp so would need to swap it over wnd code it when it would be getting mapped ??

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    me7.5 is where its at, AGU ECU is so 2 yrs ago.

Status
    TBH i havent got the time or money to do the me7.5 conversion dont get me wrong i would love to have that setup, i was just thinking of labour costs involved to map these cars ie chip out, socket soldering and using chips to get the proper map setup in the car.

when im ready to get the map (when i pull my finger out lol) il be going to unicorn in stockport.

Owner

Status
    I will be interested in how you get on. I would like to get a custom map and think swapping to an agu will give me more options.
    A4 1.8T Quattro

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupie69uk View Post
    I will be interested in how you get on. I would like to get a custom map and think swapping to an agu will give me more options.
    Didnt you sell your K04? No point wasting money custom mapping a stock turbo IMO.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    TBH, if you are going to use Rick and get him to solder a socket on etc, you just as well use your ECU and have it all done to that. I wanted flashable becasue i knew my spec would change. so flashable seemed the way forward. Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with a dumb ECU, niki has extracted 344 from Prawns hybrid race car with no problem using an emulator,. Emulate lots, solder once

Owner

Status
    Yeah I am meaning for in the future, hopefully get something bigger than the K04.

Already paid Star £500 for my map on the standard turbo and decat about 8 years ago so not going to map that again.
    A4 1.8T Quattro

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan Pics View Post
    TBH, if you are going to use Rick and get him to solder a socket on etc, you just as well use your ECU and have it all done to that. I wanted flashable becasue i knew my spec would change. so flashable seemed the way forward. Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with a dumb ECU, niki has extracted 344 from Prawns hybrid race car with no problem using an emulator,. Emulate lots, solder once
    i was thinking an AGU ecu as i may want to go a differant route with the car ie stroker or BT depending on what bits i can get on a budget as of recently the scrappers i use actually no a lad i worked with who worked for them stripping there cars and they have my number if they have any citroen/peugeot related querys and jobs that they might have for me so i may be able to source a spare block and head from there for next to nothing as hes a sound guy and may sort us out and also other bits he has maybe an ABF crank lying around and slowly build it up bit buy bit. Well thats my plan but need to move house first and get settled and finacially stable as money burns a hole in my pocket lol

Status
    Few q's on this subject,

1. How easy is it to de immo the agu ecu

2. Could i run the agu (stock map) with a 3bar fpr, 3" maf, injectors and fmic on stock rods etc ???

3. i have analogue clock so will this be a relatively easy swap regarding immo2/3 and just be straight plug and play ???

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Bradderz_1988 View Post
    Few q's on this subject,

1. How easy is it to de immo the agu ecu

24c02 chip needs removing and reflashing

2. Could i run the agu (stock map) with a 3bar fpr, 3" maf, injectors and fmic on stock rods etc ???

yup, i'd think so, probably get deviation codes due to your turbo

3. i have analogue clock so will this be a relatively easy swap regarding immo2/3 and just be straight plug and play ???
    Analogue clock is immo 2 and may adapt correctly, mine didnt for some reason i never fathomed, it'd adapt and light would go out, but car wouldn't run for longer than 3 secs

Status
    Deviation codes i dont follow ?? If i buy vagtacho will it be easier to code the immo ??

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Vag tacho will help yes, The ecu may flag up codes for boost deviation. Because your turbo flows more than it's expecting to see for a given load. That of a MAF signal too high

Status
    Could that be sorted when it gets a custom map and some shiney new rods ??

Midlands regional Moderator

Status
    If its of any use, I have a couple of ME7.1 ECU's knocking around as im going WB. They are from an APU, and one has Immo defeated already.
    Currently rolling in a SKODA!!!