Xenons

smoking_bob

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been having a problem with the left side xenon, going out after 20 secs or so (Mind you only when the engine is turned on) i''m fairly sure its the Ballast. however given the price (And the fact i need new EGT sensors) I was wondering has anyone used these, ior would they even work?

H7 12000K HID SUPER MINI BALLAST Xenon Conversion KIT AUDI I | eBay

Thanks in advance.

Rob

If its a facelift, you can use a ballast from a Renault Laguna, which can be had for as little as £30 on ebay.

Dont fit aftermarket ****e.

No,

pre facelift, 99 model. I would not fit them cheap ones. A more expensive set would be in order. But as of now its 400 euro for the egt's, and the NCT, our equilivent of the MOT is up. So the lights need sorting. Any suggestions Aragorn?

ballast is pn/ 5dv 007 760 03

Thanks

Last edited:
There are some Hella Ballasts on ebay, see:

BMW Genuine Hella Angel Eye Headlights E39 E46 XENON Ballast adaptor&D2S hid kit | eBay

and

Hella Xenon HID Headlight Ballast AUDI A6 C5 BMW E39 E53 X5 Mercedes W208 | eBay

and

Hella ballast packs x2 and d2s bulbs bmw omega Audi mercedes Hid | eBay

and

VAUXHALL OPEL OMEGA HEADLIGHT XENON BALLAST PACK LEFT SIDE GM 90565932 | eBay

The trick is to find what cars they're commonly fitted to and search for those.

Seems to be many cheap Omega ones on there, and the look the same or very similar.

Excellent, thanks a million, they are better numbers than what i was getting, The first one visually looks perfect.

you're a gentleman.