pfl-fl question

les-ward

Reaction score
can anyone tell me when the change over was as mine is supposed to be a pfl 1999 advant
so i went to scrappy to buy so pfl rear boot trim out of a s reg se brought them home to fit low and behold they dont fit with out surgery upper seat latch posistions completely wrong mine latch to a stud sort thing scrappers latch to a u shape hook

so wont be buying a complete black interior til i figure it out

the change over was 1999, so you could find late pfl cars, most t and v reg will be fl, 1999 was odd as you had all 3 letters to deal with,

anyone with a pic of pfl and fl rear seat latch,s?
this is mine should be pfl according to the pics but rear seat latches are not same as a s reg which is pfl
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/welcome-section/180520-hi-all-im-les-southampton.html

DSC06052_zpseec6f0d1.jpg

you can see my mount the stud mines a 1999 t reg pfl the hole is where the seat latch was on the s reg 1998 pfl

Last edited:
The avant switched to a "pin" catch sometime around '98, it changed way before the facelift.

Easy way to tell is the "pin" catch cars have three headrests, the earlier loop catch cars have two.

Your pic doesnt work btw.

prob is finding a facelift in scrappers is a pain in *** i want a complete black interior not found any on south coast yet

afaik the only cars with a complete black interior are TQS and S4's

Everything else was at best black lowers and beige uppers.

TQS and S4 plastics should fit your FWD just fine though, so just find someone breaking one and get everything you need.