Sticky cv boots

Ian2012

Reaction score
I have just used one of these today on one of my rear outer driveshafts, be interesting to see how long it lasts, the glue didn't like going off in this weather so i helped matters along with a mild setting on my hot air gun, the clips that came with it were interesting, more like a metal cable tie without the little serrations to lcik into just a smooth band. hmmm

the smooth band metal ties need a speical tool to do them up afaik.

A mate of mine used a glue-up boot and found it fell apart inside a few months. When the proper boot is about £15, its bit of a waste of time doing anything else tbh.

TBH i had had enough of messing around in the freezing cold today so went for quick fix, couldn't face removing suspension bolts

I tried some prior to Christmas. Both needed replacing last month as they'd split. Re-did them again and now back in the same position. This time round I've bought gearbox oil and intend on swapping that and removing both shafts to replace correctly. I'd never buy these again. Like the man said a little earlier in the thread. Good for a temporary fix, not as a permanent fixture.

Oddly enough i spotted a few spots of grease on the inside of the wheel today, need to investigate further

That'll be a split. I'm pretty confident too. I spent a few hours making sure mine were fitted properly. Every time they have gone where they are glued.