Check engine light on!!! Need Help Any clues

audia4t99

Reaction score
<font color="blue"> My engine light recently came on when I started my car up the ohter day.I usually do not use my car at all through the week, but use it on the weekends.And when I went to start it today it was running real ruff and the idel was going up and down,like it was not getting enough fuel.But after the idel came up,the enigne light was still there.I have heard of the o2 sensor doing this when it goes bad.Could that be the case? The car has about 82000 on it.And if so are they hard to chage out??/ Thanks for any help!!!! </font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If it IS the O2 sensor then no, it is not difficult to change. It simply unscrews from the downpipe and unplugs from the connector across the other side of the engine bay. Be careful when removing it because the actual sensor itself is fragile.

You'll need to confirm it is actually the sensor first though, because they're not the cheapest things to replace.

Hope you find the fault soon bud...

T

Thanks for the replies.I will be tacking it hopefully on Monday.To get the OBD checked to see what the fault code may be.I wil keep you posted.Yeh and i saw the o2 sensor on ebay for 88 brand new..