Chris NottAH Fabrications
    Owner

Status

So whats peoples thoughts on this S2000 mod on 1.8T A4s?

For those who have not seen the thread - Benjamins S2000 air filter mod.

I am needing to bung in a new filter anyway so was thinking I would just try one of these. Only issue I have is that I would like to get a U bend to turn the filter round 180 degrees. Also I notice some of the induction kits have brackets and additional bits and bobs for the amplifier and a mini filter as a breather.

So anyone know where is selling a 180 degree bend I could use or even a 180 degree pipe that the maf element could bolt to?

Be interested to read peoples thoughts.
    A4 1.8T Quattro

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Ive been reading up on this just this morning, seems a good mod my K&N is past its use by date so was thinking of something like this coupled with one of these Auto Silicone Hoses - Silicone Polyester Reinforced Hose - 70mm - 180 Degree Elbows - 3 Colours but understand the s2000 filter has a 3" neck ???
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Owner

Status
    Yeah that hoses looks like a decent option. I was thinking I would maybe have to get a few pipes but that would slip onto the maf and then the airfilter with a bit of force I think. With your K&N what happens to the large silver plate which was located on the top of the standard airbox that has the 2 plugs going into it?

The 135 degree pipe may even be better as the filter is pretty chunky and it would direct it even further towards the corner of the bay.
    A4 1.8T Quattro

Status
    It bolts to the bracket thats supplied with the k&n but i dont have the ICM anymore as i did the stage 1 coil upgrade which deletes it completely if you pull the wires out of the exsiting loom. Its in one of my threads iirc well worth the upgrade and was sub £100 iirc with used coils and i got 8 of them from an RS6 for £50 so have 4 spare for when i need them !!!!

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Owner

Status
    Cool, so it just need pulled out the way?

I am happy if thats the case and I can just cable tie it to other pipes.
    A4 1.8T Quattro

Status
    Just make sure you keep the metal finned bit on the ICM as this helps cool the unit iirc i had mine in front of my CAI pipe.

Should look like this off the airbox.

will jump on my laptop as sure i have a pic on there with a more clearer image of my old setup !!

Status
    Heres a pic, not the best but its all i had !!

Owner

Status
    Thats great thanks very much. I will keep an eye out for if you do this air filter mod before me!
    A4 1.8T Quattro

Status
    Im going to order one through work tomorrow have a way up of it, if i dont like i can just send it back to suppliers, have been meaning to do something to the filter for a while this mod may have promt me in to doing it earlier tgan i expected got loads of stuff i need/want but due to moving house in next few week funds arent available and this miss's is on one lol

at least my S4 sideskirts and FL rear bumper are getting painted for free there all more or less prepped ready door trims are primed bumper is scotched just needs a little more attention where the boot has been rubbing and hes going to do the skirst as there a bit beaten with stone chips as soon as the smart repairer guy is onsite at work hopefully tomorrow !!!!!!!

Owner

Status
    Good stuff, I am after a facelift rear S4 bumper next. Got the S4 sides but just weighing up what to do with them and the trims.
    A4 1.8T Quattro

Status
    Ive got no brackets or anything need door trim clips, got some super velcro for the skirts just dont no how to fasten them to the body was thinking self tapers and some body kit sealant but its a bit pikey in my eyes would want to go the full oem route but the brackets are expensive from stealers.

theres no real decent write ups on fitting them niether !!!!