Universal induction kit

Bought it dirt cheap for my golf donkeys ago. Just wanted to hear the 20v roar lol.

No point tbh, it serves no purpose other than delivering your engine with poorly filtered air.

I agree, the OE paper filters are best at keeping crap out. If better engine tone is what your after consider exhaust mods, I understand this will cost more but on a NA 20v engine the performance gains of an induction kit, if any, will be unoticeable but an exhaust may relinquish a few more ponies!? It would be more for show than anything else tbh.

A good service, cleaning the throttle body and inlet manifold of soot build up should see it run better.

Well as I don't own an A3/S3 that particular topic has no relevance to me personally. The fact that the thread is aimed at turbo'd 20v's it probably doesn't hold any value here as it's a NA 20v we're talking about, correct me if I'm wrong. The concept of the S2000 filter is clever and the gains reported on the 20vt's is promising indeed but I seriously doubt you'll see any benefit in fitting this set up to a NA 20v if all that has been reported is a 5-10bhp gain on the 20vt's, but you never know I guess?

That S2000 thread is a clever idea. Is interesting the thought of heatsoak not having an impact on the 20vt as normally people indicate it will.