Bose TQS Concert

Iceash

Reaction score
Guys, I've been chewing over this for a year now and time is here to action my thoughts.

I want to keep the concert H/U but I need a way of connecting my phone/ipod. I've seen lots of options from £6 to £500! But I just don't know what will do what it says. I don't even know the type of plug to be looking for the CD Changer port.

Any one got photos of the back of the Bose Concert tape H/U ***?

As always thanks everyone.

Ash

It's just the standard Concert tape HU connection/pinout your looking for, Bose is just a software coding option on the Radio you can switch it on and off with VDCS. Put "audi concert pinout" in Google images and you should find what you need. The £500 options will be for Audi AMI/MMI systems which will not work with your radio.

You don't have a laymans version of what you just typed do you? lol

:think: So where does that plug in? Do I have to cut wires?

Thanks btw :thumbsup:

No it's a plug & play kit, you need to remove the radio and unplug the red connector going into the back of the radio, plug the new lead in and connect the old red cable to the new cable. Very simple installation.

Cool beans. I did read someone somewhere was having prob's with lack of base with the connect 2. They do standard 3.5mm phono version as well?

yes both should work, but remember very limited control, and no control on the aux device.

Ok umm, just ordered an ipad mini. So now I wonder if I should use this to do music with lol

Your only going to get a CD-changer interface so you get is Disc 1, Disc 2, track 1, track 2 etc, no names and very little control of your music so I wouldn't spend to much. I would just replace the HU and get one with a USB interface so all your music on a memory stick.