Audi rear brakes

Andyroo83

Reaction score
My rear discs are pitted and about ******! So looking about for some discs and pads. But its a standard 1.8 20v r reg and anyone know if the rear discs have abs rings on?

Plus abs light is on could this be due to rear discs been pitted?

unlikely the discs
be a sensor or reluctor ring

ring is on the CV or 4WD not sure where it sits on 2wd rears

some nice B5 RS4 calipers and carriers in the classifieds.....you could refurb them and swap them over onto new discs while you are at it!
£45....baaaaargain!

Rings are fitted to the discs, they are just metal so they could be covered in deep rust & muck so they giving bad reading. Best get some local with VCDS and scan the car to find the correct fault..

The rear discs are a bit of a pain as it's not just the ABS rings, but the rear bearing are fitted to the discs so the inner and outer race bearings have to be pressed in or tapped in with a bid of hard wood & hammer, I would also put the discs in the oven first and the race bearings in the freezer, it makes them easy to fit . Also when the discs are cold put the ABS rings in the oven and heat them, then they should just slide on without any hammering.

I would get new brearing from somewhere like euro car parts, but if the ABS rings are in a bad way or are dammaed, then just get new ones from Audi, aftermarket ones I tried to fit were made of cr@p and just snapped when they cooled and I even tried to press them on and again it snapped. You are also going to need some grease to pack the wheel bearings.

Try autobock.de, I got a full set of discs and pads from them which were very good quality for my b5
Also got a ful set for the missus b7
They will supply the rear discs with bearings pressed in and abs rings fitted
very reasonable

If the ABS light is on it may just need the sensor tapped lightly to reduce the air gap between the sensor and ring.