TDI Mods/Upgrades

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Calling all TDI owners of any size.

What you engine you got and what have you done to it?

I got the 1.9 110BHP AFN engine.
Cleaned the injectors (Link here soon).
EGR Blank (Link here soon if I can find it).

and I'm bout to replace all my vacuum hoses with silicone hoses.

1.9 tdi,ajm code
egr delete
vac hose delete
silicone vac lines
unknown chip
gutted cat
boost gauge
cleaned and smoothed inlet manifold

future plan-fmic,got the cooler just need to sort the pipes

tony

1.9 TDi (AFN code)

...and that's it:arco:

On a serious note I will be doing the EGR delete in the next few weeks and probably get it on the rollers to see if I can eek a few more horses from her!? Aiming for 130bhp. I also have a freshly cleaned stock turbo to fit, which should make it feel a little more responsive!!?

Not overly ***** about performance tbh, it is a slow diesel and not very convincing when you try and accelerate either, I'd like it to go similar to the 130PD engine, had this in my Bora and thought it was very well rounded in terms of performance and economy.

If you choose your mods carefully then it will go twice as well as the bora ! As pointed above, you either need a bv43 or a GT1749Va turbo off the pd 130 a4/a6/passat or superb. Throw a set of larger nozzles (0.216 or 0.260 are popular) and with the right chip tune you will have 170-180 Bhp.
Also i would upgrade the intake to the larger pd130 jobbies. For 1.5-2 k i could give you a fire breathing 225-230 Bhp engine with all the mods done to it: new bv43 turbo, 11mm pump, race 520 injectors, pd 130 intake, ported head with twin valve spring set up, titanium retainers, forged rods, chipped ECU and much more !
Add to that a downpipe/cat delete to match your exhaust and a strong clutch and you'll be laughing at so called sports cars ! The fuel economy will still be above 50Mpg !!!

If you choose your mods carefully then it will go twice as well as the bora ! As pointed above, you either need a bv43 or a GT1749Va turbo off the pd 130 a4/a6/passat or superb. Throw a set of larger nozzles (0.216 or 0.260 are popular) and with the right chip tune you will have 170-180 Bhp.
Also i would upgrade the intake to the larger pd130 jobbies. For 1.5-2 k i could give you a fire breathing 225-230 Bhp engine with all the mods done to it: new bv43 turbo, 11mm pump, race 520 injectors, pd 130 intake, ported head with twin valve spring set up, titanium retainers, forged rods, chipped ECU and much more !
Add to that a downpipe/cat delete to match your exhaust and a strong clutch and you'll be laughing at so called sports cars ! The fuel economy will still be above 50Mpg !!!

That sounds serious!

I've just started off with EGR blanking and a smooth remap from Chris at CC Tuning - 300Nm to keep the clutch happy,
could have got a little more i think...
very driveable in town and motorway and MPG up around 5%

In terms of VFM i'm well pleased - nearly 30% more torque for only a few notes...

thinking for next project would like to go to 400Nm - but that would work better on a Quattro

That would be very nice but doubt my Auto box could take it.

They sold automatic S4's in the USA...

I suspect the box will be fine, you might need to hold the low end torque spike back a bit though.

Blimey that does sound very serious indeed! But to spend that some of money on a car I bought to potter 60 miles a day to and from work every day is a little over the top tbh. I have my 20vt Corrado for a laugh anyways! As I said if it goes a good as my Bora did I'll be well happy, I really want the ability to overtake without having about a mile between me and the on coming car! The get up a go is rubbish.

The larger intakes you mentioned, are they a straight fit from any of the cars you mentioned above?

Thanks.

Never.
I love Auto.

Auto for life!!

Plus I only got one leg, so its needed. :ninja:

EDIT:=- Ok I jest, I don't but it would be funny..........or is that just me?

My bad. DSG box then?

EDIT: haha just seen your invisible edit. Sneaky...

hope this is not too much of a hijack -

can the gt1749va be fitted to the AFN 110?
already remapped to 130 bhp and 300Nm.

or is it better option just to bolt on a PD130 inlet manifold

Not necessarily but it will benefit from a remap though as the GT1749VA can run higher boost than the existing turbo you have on the car...

Two 2.5 TDi Quattros,

The Avant engine had a zero hour rebuild from Vege - as did the turbo, injectors and injection pump overhauled by Diesel Bob, new Audi glow plugs and CTS, EGR blanked, inlet manifolds cleaned out, much pratting (almost done!) with turbo actuator rod/stop screw.

The saloon has had an EGR blank and a remote thermostat fitted. It's due belts this year (on calendar time, not miles) so I'll probably do the pump and injectors at Bobs, and may go for a remap of some sorts whilst it's off the road and have a think about the turbo.

Reactions: Mackers
Calling all TDI owners of any size.

What you engine you got and what have you done to it?

I got the 1.9 110BHP AFN engine.
Cleaned the injectors (Link here soon).
EGR Blank (Link here soon if I can find it).

and I'm bout to replace all my vacuum hoses with silicone hoses.

I've got a 1.9 130 AVF engine with a Shark Stage 1
Next is EGR clean then not sure

B6 1.9 Tdi quattro: BV43, Southbend 240mm rs4 clutch and TTV single mass flywheel rs4 rear ARB, full engine rebuild with stronger head bolts, lowered CR, mapped to sustain 1.8 bars. Sadly the gearbox decided to throw the toys out of the pram so a full 01E gearbox is on the cards complete with a full quattro drivetrain conversion ! FWD is pants at putting power on the floor !

C5 tdi quattro sport, full engine rebuild, GTB2260vk hybrid, race 683 injectors, big brakes, full Eibach heavy duty sports suspension, rs6 ARB, H&R front ARB + much, much more, running 300Bhp and 700Nm of torque- proper sleeper !

T4 transporter van, factory comby with twin sliding doors/rear seats, full engine rebuild: ported head, twin valve springs, titanium retainers, race 520 injectors, ARL/PD150 head bolts, lowered CR, hybrid turbo, Eibach springs + Sachs HD shocks, front lowered to match, ABT Sportsline 18" deep dish wheels, stainless steel exhaust and much more...

C5 audi allroad ABT Sportsline (aka AS6), full respray/color codding, twin ABT exhaust system, ABT front grille, Votex rear spoiler, fully rebuilt engine, power plus 683 nozzles, hybrid GT20 turbo (GTB2260 internals done by Adam at TDITurbos.com), rs6 rear ARB, H&R front ARB, heavy duty suspension arms, VOTEX gearknob, a6 xenon headlights and much more...