fuel filter

205man

Reaction score
Ive just been on the phone to audi to order a new filter for my car so i can collect it friday and fit it saturday but im not sure the bloke i spoke to has told me the right info

he said i need 1 filter, 2 banjo bolts (same size) and 2 washers

but i thought u needed filter 2 banjo bolts that are different sizes and 4 washers as i cant see how using only 2 would work, and when ever ive used them on brake banjo you alsways have 2 per banjo fitting.

can someone confirm exactly what i do need so i can ring him back if i have to.

cheers

etkafuelfilter.jpg

its not the best screenshot but you can see in the right hand side 2 different size banjo bolts and washers, 2 of each needed for each size bolt

I just used new washers with the old bolts, didnt use a genuine filter think it was a mann filter or something similar !!!!

i put it of for months after i did the full service when i actually did it it wasnt that bad of a job should have just done it when i did service but it done now so what the heck lol

cheers for that

when its says qty 2 for the washers does that mean theres 2 in the pack or you need to order 2 seperate ones?

luckly ive got access this weekend to a ramp so can get under car properly so going to change oil at same time as can get the under tray off easily

ive never changed the filter on mine and ive had it 8 years and the previous owner had it from new and i cant see anywhere in the service receipts for new fuel filter, and my car has done 133,000 miles now so think its slightly over due lol

you need two washers for each banjo, and there are two different banjos.

Looking at the diagram, one end of the filter is 12m and the other end is 14mm

The filter isnt a service item, so it will never have been changed.

GODS SAKE ****** idiot in audi

i finaly get it into his head that i want to 2banjo bolts of different sizes and i need 4 washers 2 for each of the bolts

so i go pay on my way past only to find he has ordered the 2 bolts correctly and the filter BUT 4 ****** washers the same size, but he couldnt see what the problem was?????

we used to have an old guy on parts and he didnt need the computer to tell you what you needed but now we got some young idiot who cant even work out what you need when you have the picture in front of him.

you say the filter isnt a service item, but surely after over 12 years of use it must be getting pretty mucky inside, so shouldnt hurt to change it

yeh i agree on changing the filter, just saying that as standard its never changed on any sort of normal interval.

I regard filters like oil, cheap insurance compared to the possibilties down the line................. !!
I can share your frustration..... local dealer has a guy who's been there since the 1980s.....brilliant, and pleasant - trouble is he's going to retire ... and it must be getting much to close -- well for me anyway!

it will be interesting to see how much it has blocked up over time compared to a new one

got busy day Saturday , new fuel filter, oil filter / oil and plug change etc, air filter, new front pads and new valve cover gaskets