B5 115TDI Turbo Options.

qwagon

Reaction score
Trying to prepare for the inevitable. I have a 1999 B5 115tdi on 169k.

Lets face it the turbo isn't going to last forever and I'm just wondering what my options are for upgrading when it comes to replacing it?

Not bothered about going for 200hp etc just something that will make it a bit more upgradeable.

Pd 130 turbo (gt1749Va) or bv43 off the 2.0tdi 170 Bhp will bolton yout manifold without any modifications... You will need an adaptor/hose for the gt1749va though- easy to source... With a remap you're looking at 150-170Bhp on tandard nozzles...Getting a pd130 intake is also a good idea, the standard 110Bhp intake is not great !

Reactions: qwagon
Sorry to bump this but just wondered what peoples opinions are on upgrading the turbo and remapping such a high mileage car?
The way i see it is its been well maintained and the thing that normally go is the Turbo so it should be fine. But what are peoples experiences and opinions?

I've just bought a 115 tdi today with 171k on the clock so am also keen to hear the results :)

Adamss24 - is this something you have done / can offer as a service if I buy all the parts?

Thanks

Martin

I've just bought a 115 tdi today with 171k on the clock so am also keen to hear the results :)

Adamss24 - is this something you have done / can offer as a service if I buy all the parts?

Thanks

Martin
Yes, i have done it before so i have first hand info about the mods that work on that engine...