Might be time to change the rear tires lol

Iceash

Reaction score
Great traction in the snow, except round corners! christ the *** can step out! Running goodyear F1 I think the first version that they released with this name. The front has new tyres Kumho.

Did go past someone stuck on a hill with ease, did make me smugly smile lol.

Hope your all having fun in the snow.

Ash

Getting the back end to step out on snow and ice is the best part, it was like driving a rwd car at times :D

Reactions: Iceash
Did toy with it, but thought oversteer would be better than understeer lol

Understeers easily corrected for, snap oversteer less so!

Plus, with the more worn tyres on the front, you can feel the limits of grip approaching and drive accordingly.

With the new ones on the front it feels like you have tonnes of grip, right upto the point you disappear backwards thru a hedge!

Reactions: Iceash
Understeers easily corrected for, snap oversteer less so!

Plus, with the more worn tyres on the front, you can feel the limits of grip approaching and drive accordingly.

With the new ones on the front it feels like you have tonnes of grip, right upto the point you disappear backwards thru a hedge!

Fair point well made, well I might change them over or if I can afford it change the rears as they've see saw (feathered at the edges to make that lovely wher wher sound)

i fecking hate understeer!

F1's in winter are the reason i had to rebuild a rear subframe.
like soap in the cold

Understeer doesnt bend rear subframes :p

TBH the missus car is on Eagle F1 Asy2's at the moment as i've been somewhat lazy and not bothered fitting the winters, and ive not really noticed a problem, though we've had no snow to speak of, they're fine in cold weather. They're far better than the old GSD3's were, those were actually useless in the snow!