Retro fit front fogs

MaverickTDi

Reaction score
Basically, I can source the fogs lights, plastic inserts, looms and switch. My car was obviously a poverty spec one as it doesn't have front fogs, are these difficult to install in a car that didn't have them from manufacture?

Thanks.

Basically, I can source the fogs lights, plastic inserts, looms and switch. My car was obviously a poverty spec one as it doesn't have front fogs, are these difficult to install in a car that didn't have them from manufacture?

Thanks.
Get a facelift bumper + side trims and fogs. The wiring should be there but you might need to add the switch for the fogs. I have a friend who done it to it's 98 audi a4 quattro and it looks much, much better with facelifted front !

Get a facelift bumper + side trims and fogs. The wiring should be there but you might need to add the switch for the fogs. I have a friend who done it to it's 98 audi a4 quattro and it looks much, much better with facelifted front !

Cheers Adam, thanks for your response.

I had thought of just getting a front bumper with everything still attached, but it's finding the right colour (white). So a bumper with all the trimmings will be about £100-120 then add £80-100 for a respray, a bit too much tbh, I was hoping to just retro fit the essential parts to what I already have. I've been quoted £80 for fogs, plastic inserts, looms & switch from a breakers on eBay. Will the plastic inserts fit a PFL bumper? I would of thought for easy of manufacturing Audi wouldn't of changed the bumper?

You can get the bumpers for less than that tbh.

I'd be expecting to pay around 50-60quid for a bumper with fogs in decent condition. I binned mine when i fitted the S4 front as they're worth so little and are a hassle to post etc. I just removed the fogs and sold them on seperately.

The genuine fogs also wont fit a PFL bumper properly as the grilles and whatnot are different.

I've got a new one to fit to mine, and if it werent so cold and i'd had it painted/fitted, you could have the old one for nowt.

You can get the bumpers for less than that tbh.

I'd be expecting to pay around 50-60quid for a bumper with fogs in decent condition. I binned mine when i fitted the S4 front as they're worth so little and are a hassle to post etc. I just removed the fogs and sold them on seperately.

The genuine fogs also wont fit a PFL bumper properly as the grilles and whatnot are different.

I've got a new one to fit to mine, and if it werent so cold and i'd had it painted/fitted, you could have the old one for nowt.

Ok, just going by research etc on pricing.

That's a bit naff that FL fogs and grilles don't fit in a PFL bumper, ****** Germans!!!

Is there something wrong with the bumper your replacing? And your just talking about the bumper only, no fogs etc?

i've never tried tbh, but the grilles etc are totally different in terms of fitment and shape.

You'll likely find the mounting holes for the fogs simply arent there.