a few questions on an "X"Reg 2.5Tdi Quattro (150bhp)

Mackers

Reaction score
i thought i'd ask here as the diesel forum doesn't get the "traffic" as much as here,
as stated i have a A4 2.5Tdi quattro (150), i'm after closing off or blanking the EGR valve/system.
has anyone done this and if so what parts (blanks) do i need and what's the coding for the VCDS,
i have a mate that will do it, but he doesnt know the coding.
also will a PRE facelift 2.5tdi quattro back box fit a FACELIFT model.
many thanks
wayne

Mackers,

I got a couple of blanks off e-bay fairly cheap. I had a post here Engine Adaptions Login about it, but basically it says

'To log into a 2000 A4 2.5 TDi AFB engine for EGR adjustment, the code is 26242. I changed the value in block 3 from 32768 to 33668 (the suggested 33768 was too high a value)
If the wrong code is entered, communication is lost with 'too many errors to continue' after a while. Switch off ignition, then try again with the correct code.'

i ordered and got an agr blank today, do i only need the 1 and also which side does the gasket go?? or do i need 2 blanks and 2 gaskets on each??
pics of them fitted to an "X"Reg 2.05tdi would be ideal, thanks,

I just fitted one, at the 'exhaust' end. I can't remember about gaskets, but I think I used exhaust paste to seal it.

I put the gun gum on both sides - if you do it at the exhaust end, it gets hot enough to harden. I've had no trouble with either of mine.

I did the manifold clean on hers as well - I put a thread up 2.5Tdi inlet gasket numbers with the gaskets if you decide to do it.

Incidentally, if you are going for a max setting on the adaption settings, if you put in a silly high number, the ECU will only go to the max (or min if you go the other way)

Where can I... well my mate edit those settings. .. hes in warrington so I see him every couple of months or so... he's got a full vagcom. But doesnt know how to use it fully. Could I trouble you for a step by step ideally with pics. If you wanna txt me all that, message me and I'll forward my number.

No problem, but if you go here TDI VCDS Info RossTech have a good write-up.

You just use the code 26242 to log in as I did.

Go to engine, login.
It will ask for a code.
Enter 26242.
Go to Adaptions, scroll to block 3.
Add the value 33668 in the box on the left and click test (I think, it's been a while.....)
The value should change.

If the code is wrong, you get a failed communication error. Restart VCDS and try again.

It would be worth Googling for codes, as I think there may be more than one for the 2.5TDi - although both my cars were 26242 and are the same age as yours.

Take note before you change anything - that way it can go back!

There are other adjustments in there- some are not to be played with (e.g. speed limiter)