Badger5EM Tuning
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By aragorn
  • 1 Post By qwagon

Thread: FL headlights on a PFL car

1st Gear

Status

FL headlights on a PFL car

I'm quite keen to freshen up the front end of my PFL Avant and would like to upgrade to the projector style headlights found on the FL models. I understand that slight modification of the innards of the front wings are required to ensure proper fitment, can anyone try their best to explain this or go one better and show pics please?

Thanks.
    '92 VW Corrado 20vt
    '98 Audi A4 Avant TDi 110 - EGR delete...
    '08 BMW 320d Edition M-Sport Touring

'You screw up just this much, you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog sh*t out of Hong Kong'

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Facelift Projector Headlights Conversion on a Pre-Facelift

i have a set but they are fairly weathered/dull so would need a thorough clean up/polish of the lenses, one is missing the height adjust motor and one of the caps has a hole from HID bung. You can have them for £40 posted if you want them there no use to me. PM me if interested and il get some pics over to you by email.
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradderz_1988 View Post
    Facelift Projector Headlights Conversion on a Pre-Facelift

i have a set but they are fairly weathered/dull so would need a thorough clean up/polish of the lenses, one is missing the height adjust motor and one of the caps has a hole from HID bung. You can have them for £40 posted if you want them there no use to me. PM me if interested and il get some pics over to you by email.
    Brill, cheers dude, excellent thread.

I'm currently looking on eBay for some good condition ones, they seem to vary a lot in price, some of which are comically priced, but budgeted to pay ideally no more than £60 for a pair, I think it's going to be tough to find but I like a challenge.
    '92 VW Corrado 20vt

'You screw up just this much, you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog sh*t out of Hong Kong'

Biodiesel Purrrr

Status
    plus you'll probably need an adaptor loom - £40 on ebay
    or make custom one with the PFL light plugs splicing into the old connectors.
    custom looms can be mabe using VAG catalogue parts, described here:
    Facelift Headlight Adaptor?
    sounds quite simple really
    TDi Biodiesel sippin' A4 Avant - EGR blanked
    "Cars are good but Jeremy Clarkson is a dick."

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TeKnodriver View Post
    plus you'll probably need an adaptor loom - £40 on ebay
    or make custom one with the PFL light plugs splicing into the old connectors.
    custom looms can be mabe using VAG catalogue parts, described here:
    Facelift Headlight Adaptor?
    sounds quite simple really
    Cheers for the info. I'll probably get the pre-made looms unless the connectors are really cheap and I can source an accurate pin out for the new connector against the old wiring.
    '92 VW Corrado 20vt

1st Gear

Status
    bradders, what headlights you using ATM.. i'm looking to replace my FL ones, but i fancy some of the DRL ones.
    2000, A4 2.5Tdi Quattro.
    Tinted, 3600WATTSLoud

Status
    Just normal headlights from a 2000 A4 i got them cheap an were in excellent nick ie lenses look brand new one is a depo and the bottom corner lug is missingbut the unit its pretty firmly secure.

If your going to get new ones save money for the D2S black out ones, there exactly the same as oem units but black and they take the ballast etc from th S4/RS4.

these are them but are costly as there from the states but im sure there available from somewhere in the uk !!!!
    AUDI 99-01 A4/00-02 S4 B5 BLACK HOUSING CLEAR CORNER D2S HID ELLIPSOID HEADLIGHT | eBay

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Bear in mind the US projector will be backwards compared to the UK.

Also, the quality of the depo projectors has been known to be somewhat poor. I'd avoid personally.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

1st Gear

Status
    does anyone have a good set they'd recommend, ideally with DRL's and uk spec.
    2000, A4 2.5Tdi Quattro.
    Tinted, 3600WATTSLoud

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Just get normal proper Valeo units, and if you want daytime lights just switch the bloody headlights on like the swedes have been doing for about 30 years.
    TeKnodriver likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    I'm always on sidelights during daylight hours. . Jus fancy jazzing it up a bit
    2000, A4 2.5Tdi Quattro.
    Tinted, 3600WATTSLoud

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    push the stalk up another click then :P

1st Gear

Status
    That's ok. Bit at night it is shocking. .... even with a 6000k hids-direct kit fitted. .. absolutely shocking.
    2000, A4 2.5Tdi Quattro.
    Tinted, 3600WATTSLoud

Status
    Just found these pal might be worth a shot look weathered but id get clearer pics emailed over or get them cheap as chips.

audi a4 front light clusters | eBay

1st Gear

Status
    Just found these pal might be worth a shot look weathered but id get clearer pics emailed over or get them cheap as chips.

audi a4 front light clusters | eBay
    Top man, cheers Bradderz! I've ping'd him an email via eBay, just waiting to here back. They look, as you say, a little dull, but there's plenty of ways to revive them and for the money can't complain really.
    '92 VW Corrado 20vt

Midlands regional Moderator

Status

FL headlights on a PFL car

Damn that's a good price
    Currently rolling in a SKODA!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Well I lost out on them

My offer was declined and before I had chance to revise my offer they had been sold, boll*cks!

Most breakers on eBay want £80+ inc VAT and postage for them! That's well over £100 before they hit my front door!!

Anyone know of any others for sale?
    '92 VW Corrado 20vt

Status
    I have some but are fairly weathered as i said before, i can post pics tomorrow but one needs a cover and height adjuster motor say £30 posted if you want them and you think you can clear them up abit !!

Status
    You found any yet ???

heres the ones i have

they are genuine audi/valeo units one needs the dipped beam cover (n/s) and one needs the height adjuster motor (o/s) all lugs are intact have cleaned them up a bit but think they need to be done with a 'mop' to bring them up more the o/s is the worst one. Let me no !!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reverse Gear

Status
    I think a bit of time with some fine grade wet and dry and some polish and they will be fine!
    Arrkon likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Bradderz, are the missing pieces hard to source? I can't imagine people want to break a headlight down unless the lens was proper goosed.

Cheers.
    '92 VW Corrado 20vt

Status
    Scrap yard would possible have a headlight that maybe smashed/damaged i can check with my local scrappers if they have them il get them if they have them and call it £40 posted ??? or the motor and cover from PFL may fit FL ???

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    FL motors and covers are dfiferent

The motor is common to many vag cars though. Cover might be too?

1st Gear

Status
    Scrap yard would possible have a headlight that maybe smashed/damaged i can check with my local scrappers if they have them il get them if they have them and call it £40 posted ??? or the motor and cover from PFL may fit FL ???
    I've tried every scrappy within a 40 mile radius where I live when looking for the FL scuttle trim, all they had was PFL cars and all of which had there lights gone. Parts such as lights, I would imagine, are one of the first things to go?

If you don't mind trying to source the bits that would be much appreciated indeed. If you can find the bits so the job lot is ready to just install I'll have them off you for £40.

Cheers mate.
    '92 VW Corrado 20vt

Status
    I pop up tonight see if they have anything and let you no !!

1st Gear

Status
    I pop up tonight see if they have anything and let you no !!
    Cheers dude!
    '92 VW Corrado 20vt

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry

Status
    Keep looking on ebay mate and some will turn up. Consider buying them separately as well. It took me a couple of months but I ended up with 2 brand new Valeo units bought in separate auctions for a grand total of £30
    2000 1.8t quattro Sport totally standard (ish)

Status
    Called at scrappers last night and they didnt have any FL lights in just PFL im afraid.

1st Gear

Status
    Called at scrappers last night and they didnt have any FL lights in just PFL im afraid.
    Ok mate, thanks ever so much for asking, appreciate it. I think I'll leave it for now tbh, going to give the old girl a full fluid service, EGR delete, freshly cleaned turbo, new header tank and FL scuttle trim. So she's had her fair share of £££ spent on her this month!!

Thanks again mate.
    '92 VW Corrado 20vt

Status
    No probs mate if you track down cover and a motor pop us a PM if you still want them.

6th Gear

Status
    I have a pair of good facelift front lights if still interested, your's for £60 + post...Breaking a 1.8TQS w reg so all parts available !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    I have a pair of good facelift front lights if still interested, your's for £60 + post...Breaking a 1.8TQS w reg so all parts available !
    PM'd
    '92 VW Corrado 20vt