JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Smokey under acceleration

Was after people's take on why this is?

I appreciate that the car is nearly 15yrs old and isn't as squeaky clean when it rolled out the factory but when I give it full throttle to about 3-3.5k and look back it looks horrendous, especially at night. Is there anything you can do to reduce this?

Cheers.
    '92 VW Corrado 20vt
    '98 Audi A4 Avant TDi 110 - EGR delete...
    '08 BMW 320d Edition M-Sport Touring

'You screw up just this much, you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog sh*t out of Hong Kong'

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Cataclean ??? Block of the egr and clean turbo vanes with mr muscle and a good service.
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradderz_1988 View Post
    Cataclean ??? Block of the egr and clean turbo vanes with mr muscle and a good service.
    Cataclean? What do you mean?

I plan to do the EGR delete, is the turbo easy to get off?

Thanks.
    '92 VW Corrado 20vt

'You screw up just this much, you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog sh*t out of Hong Kong'

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    You dont need to remove the turbo to do the mr muscle clean but if you want to its not to bad of a job, cataclean is a addative you put in to the fuel tank.

CATACLEAN CATALYTIC CONVERTER CLEANER 475ml NEW!!! | eBay
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradderz_1988 View Post
    You dont need to remove the turbo to do the mr muscle clean but if you want to its not to bad of a job, cataclean is a addative you put in to the fuel tank.

CATACLEAN CATALYTIC CONVERTER CLEANER 475ml NEW!!! | eBay
    Nice one, cheers dude.

Is there a guide, with pics, for this turbo clean?

Saved the Cataclean stuff in the watch list on eBay, will defo get some of that for sure!
    '92 VW Corrado 20vt

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add scr8pdo on Google+
    Mine does this terribly lol, off the mark say up to 3k it pulls dead quick, but over rev it and it splutters and pumps out some severe fog, mine has no CAT any more but Iam told it needs the EGR delete and the inlet manifold unclogging and the turbo giving the Mr Muscle treatment, iam just waiting for a decent weekend, I was hoping to do this at this weekend but the weather looks to be horrendous near us on Fri til Sunday.

If I go for a blast on the motorway, the car will run/pull fine as long as I change up before around 3k, if I go above that it hesitates and feels restricted as if the air has been cut or blocked so I assume its well carboned up within the inlet side of things

Biodiesel Purrrr

Status
    I get only a bit of smoke under full load,
    the only time it was throwing out black smoke under load was due to overfuelling from boost leak in holed intercooler

now there's a slight haze that can be seen in the car behind's headlights on full acceleration

to blank-off the EGR on an AFN or AHU engine the steel plates are on ebay - you will need 2 plates and remove the corrugated stainless tube connecting manifold to EGR.
    TDi Biodiesel sippin' A4 Avant - EGR blanked
    "Cars are good but Jeremy Clarkson is a dick."

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TeKnodriver View Post
    the only time it was throwing out black smoke under load was due to overfuelling from boost leak in holed intercooler

now there's a slight haze that can be seen in the car behind's headlights on full acceleration

to blank-off the EGR on an AFN or AHU engine the steel plates are on ebay - you will need 2 plates and remove the corrugated stainless tube connecting manifold to EGR.
    I think to not get some smoke under full load be very unusual especially considering the car's age and diesel technology. Going to buy the Darkside Development kit for the EGR blank, will post pics etc when I get time to fit it.
    '92 VW Corrado 20vt

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TeKnodriver View Post

I think to not get some smoke under full load would be very unusual especially considering the car's age and diesel technology. Going to buy the Darkside Development kit for the EGR blank, will post pics etc when I get time to fit it.
    '92 VW Corrado 20vt

Biodiesel Purrrr

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickTDi View Post
    I think to not get some smoke under full load would be very unusual especially considering the car's age and diesel technology. Going to buy the Darkside Development kit for the EGR blank, will post pics etc when I get time to fit it.
    not that there is no smoke - as in previous post what I mean is itis only visible as a haze between my car and the car behind when headlights are on.

there is smoke, particularly if it has not been floored in a few days, but not clouds of black smoke visible under accereration all the time.
    TDi Biodiesel sippin' A4 Avant - EGR blanked
    "Cars are good but Jeremy Clarkson is a dick."