JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

clutch 2 litre 20v turbo with 01e box

hi,
    i ve done the search, gone through the forum and was wondering if anyone has had any experience on clutches with basically a 1.8t block and 01e gearbox,
    my set up is a AQY 2litre block on the 6spd box with no spacer, currently to just get the engine running i`m using a audi 80 2l 16v single mass fly wheel , clutch and pressure plate,
    i cant go back to the gearbox spacer because this is all in a mk2 golf syncro and just doesnt allow for the room,
    this set up works to start it and fits but soon as it ready for the road its not going to last 3 seconds,
    any good reports on clutches that will fit and good enough for 450+torque , i read about southbend and clutch masters,
    but is there anything or onyone in the Uk that could supply me with something upto the job cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    You could get the Flywheel machined to take the S2 clutch which is possibly good up to 350 nm torque on the standard clutch or you could get aftermarket equivalent for the S2 that will have more clamping force to suit your needs, i have one mine but mines stock so it does its job lol i actually used the S4 V8 240mm friction disc and pressure plate from a VW LT van coded ATA/AGK with the 1Z flywheel that your probably using.
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Reverse Gear

Status
    what sort of power you running through this clutch? machining the flywheel isnt problem,
    i am going to give it some abuse so i dont want chuck i clutch in it once a month, a friend of mine with r36 turbo in a mk4 golf had a helix and clutchmaster clutch on the same engine turns out the CM didnt last long, so was heading for a helix

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    i'm running the same 1Z flywheel, also machined to take 240mm clutch. For your power level your going to need something upgraded though.

I'd probably machine the 1Z flywheel and get an upgraded kit for the 3B S2. You might get away with a standard 3B (or VW LT) cover plate, and a paddle friction disk.

You wont need the gearbox spacer for any 1.8T clutch arrangement anyway, so dont worry about that.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    TTV flywheel and stage 4 clutch will sort that no problem