Selling up getting tougher?

Reyes

Reaction score
Hi, I've had my car up for sale a few weeks now but really need it gone because I'm after a hot hatch (Yeah I know) but I went to the dealership today and they offered me £200................ LOL
That a joke or are they not as 'special' as I thought they were?
My B5 here
Classifieds: Audi A4 1.820vT Quattro (Recaro/Sat Nav/TV/BOSE/More factory extras)

No this is not a lame attempt to promote the sale...

Nice car mate and £200 is a joke, sure they didn't miss a 0 off the end!! I would have thought these are worth at least 2k so your asking price seems pretty than reasonable to me.

I am not sure if cars are getting tougher to sell, but obviously it does depend on what it is. For example, my Dad's, friends Vectra took about 6 months to sell and he had that priced reasonably but as he could no longer drive it (now in a wheelchair) and needed to sell he eventually had to take a pretty low offer, but almost no interest from the outset. On the other hand my brothers 120d which he put up for sale a similar time to the Vectra took about 3 weeks!! I think both cars were on advertised on Autotrader only.

I think it just depends on what people are after. This time of year is generally slow. I sold a car at the end of October and I had advertised it on the tues and guy called the next night and he collected the car on the Sunday.

Bad time of year to sell,lots of people dealing with the aftermath of Christmas. price is maybe optimistic too.

it's only a 1000 car tbh. The bottom has fallen out of the market.

The avants are worth a little more

Hate to say it as it looks like youve took good care of your pride and joy, but youd probably be best off breaking it for spares, as you would get at least 400-500 for the recaros alone theres half of the cars value in todays market and with the xenons, double din etc you should get a few beer tokens out of it, if i had the cash id happily give you a grand for it just to have another lol

It's mad how much you were offered as for me I think your asking a fair price IMO.

I'm after a a6 2.7 petrol, or I'd bite ya hands off.

I think it's the "image" some younger chaps see the car compared to a a3 shape (hot hatch).

I'm an old git with 2 kids, but my brain is about 17yrs old, so I'm after a big car with big engine.

It's rare I see 20-30 yr olds with bigger style of audi.

This is only my opinion, not fact.;-)
I have noticed also while I'm looking for an audi, different websites, pistonheads, gum tree,autotrader all target certain age groups.

There's mor to it than you think, try other forums as there's more trust within a forum so can get a better price.

Im 24 and prefer an old skool motor against any of these modern day vxr, S3's and the like sometimes i wish i was older so i could of experienced them all a bit more lol

i just think the B5 is one of the best modelled A4's audi have done and the B7 runner up possibly the best through the whole A range but then i would say that as im B5 blood type lol

The dealers lowball was simply because they werent interested. They'd never put something that old on their forecourt, so if they bought it they'd probably sent it to auction.

If you want it gone, put it on ebay 99p start and it will sell. You might be lucky and get near your asking price, or you might get a grand or less, but you can be sure that you'll get the maximum the current market is prepared to pay (afterall thats how ebay works!)

What age is it, i couldnt find the REG mentioned anywhere in the ad or perhaps i missed it. 1800, forget it, pm your reg and i will value it for you using CAP so you will get a trade clean, AVE and Retail figure - private being somewhere in between..

2nd market is crap, in the end i sold my 186k, family owned from new passat pd130 sport for £1000.... pic in my sig

put my reg in "webuyanycar" for a laugh
£450!
was quite surprised to be honest!

I only disliked your post because i wanted it but couldn't haha!

Hope you like the car mate.