Avant Rear wiper

s4best4

Reaction score
Hi there, does anyone know if the rear avant wiper on a facelift S4 has a separate fuse, as mines stopped!
The rear wash works as do the front wipers, and according to my notes, there is only one fuse for all Wipers.
Just thought i'd check before i go and buy a new motor...

Thanks

R

I dont think there is a seperate fuse it's more than likely seized, this is what happened in ours one day it was working the next day it stopped, it needs to be stripped down and regreased,problem is water from the washer getting in and corroding the gears.

Mate of mine has a 2004 1.9tdi and he couldn't turn off the rear wiper. I put that down to a switching
issue. Check you have power to the wiper motor before stripping it.

Its a common fault with the Avant rear wipers.
The water feed tube and or seals split and causes water to enter the motor this then causes it to stop working or judder.

I split mine down, cleaned, greased and put back together.

Not doubting that at all. If it was my car I would check power side before getting the spanners out!
Anyway wish that was all that was wrong with mine.

Thanks Guys will check-had a quick look with meter and didn't see any volts but will check again as it's not always sending volts as its an intermittent type of operation-a bit like a few other things on my car!

Rob

I'd just locate the power supply cable within the motor connector, operate the wiper from the stork and see whether is kicking out any voltage, if so, motor is goosed, if not possibly a power supply fault, fuse? If, however, the wipers work off one fuse and it's just the rear not working, then as others have said above prob the motor itself, had a similar issue on a Passat estate.