wipers are getting slow, and have now stopped !!???

The same happened on my A3, its probably the spindles and mechanism getting all manky. It needs taking apart, cleaning and reassembling. Should be OK after that.

[ QUOTE ]
The same happened on my A3, its probably the spindles and mechanism getting all manky. It needs taking apart, cleaning and reassembling. Should be OK after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

unles its like mine and seized beyond repair...where even a sledge hammer won get the spindle out of the housing! lol.

Rich

Same happend to me. I bought a second-hand unit and fitted that.

It a late model problem as the older A4's don't have this problem.

No it’s the frame, the joints just seize up, if you don’t fix it soon your knacker the motor.

Also when you do it mark it with tippex or a marker pen at each nut and position as your have a nightmare if you don't.

I learnt the hard way.

Hi...The linkage on mine siezed too. It is a common fault especially on A4's. I was told by the dealers it would be the motor, so be aware they are not always right. Also if you get one from a breakers like I did that they give you the right one. The motors have different electrical connections. As I said, lucky for me it was just the linkage so I could swap the motors and just use the new linkages.

fixed last night, thanks for ur help all and yes it was the drives side linkage, it was SOLID.
you have to remove a wee circlip and then hammer the spindle appart, and grease it up

mine has done this twice now, the first time East kent Audi quoted me £160 for a new linkage but stripped it down and regreased it for nothing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif
now all i do is regually put some 3 in 1 onto the spindles and that works fine