Chris NottVolks Autos
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By holophyte

Thread: Blue Tooth

Reverse Gear

Status

Blue Tooth

Hi

I have the Audi A4 (B5) 1998 model which has the concert radio. Is there anything i can buy to convert this into Bluetooth so i can connect my phone via handsfree via the radio?

I use to have the radio connected via a nokia phone, but this was removed when these phones became outdated!

I now have an iPhone 4 and would like somehow to connect this via the concert radio.

Any ideas good people?
    BakPak likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Hi mate,

have a look at these i have hunted high and low to find an ipod connection for my b5 (2000) and this AUDI::XCarLink and this looks like the best one i could find which enables iphone connection and even lets you control your music on your iood through the standard stereo and for a bit extra (40quid) you can add on the bluetooth and stream music straight from the phone. I will be investing in one early in the new year as i dont want to have to change the standardnhead unit so can let you know what its like once i have one

there is also a connects 2 device which does a similar thing but is cheaper and also doesnt look as good quality and im not sure about bluetooth on that one

6th Gear

Status
    Another option would be a basic parrot kit.

Reverse Gear

Status

Blue Tooth

Quote Originally Posted by B5NUT View Post
    Another option would be a basic parrot kit.
    Looked at the parrot kit, but the audi xcarlink actually does look better. For the bluetooth as well plus the 3.5mm aux the grand total is £127.27 which is still £22.73 better off (+additional hard wire if needed) which would be another £49.99 on top of the £149.99. So i think i'll look into purchasing the xcarlink one.

Thanks all the same though

No Gear

Status
    My audi has the concert system fitted and the bass and general sound quality is rubbish. I think you
    would be better off finding a used bluetooth compatible unit to replace it. Probably pick one up for £75.
    Better sound and saves faffing around with add ons.

Reverse Gear

Status

Blue Tooth

Quote Originally Posted by BakPak View Post
    My audi has the concert system fitted and the bass and general sound quality is rubbish. I think you
    would be better off finding a used bluetooth compatible unit to replace it. Probably pick one up for £75.
    Better sound and saves faffing around with add ons.
    Bluetooth compatible unit?

You got any links at to what i'm looking for? I agree my factory fitted radio has volume issues when cold so would actually prefer replacing if possible. I have a 8 CD changer in the boot so reconnection of this would have to also be an option.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by holophyte View Post
    Bluetooth compatible unit?

You got any links at to what i'm looking for? I agree my factory fitted radio has volume issues when cold so would actually prefer replacing if possible. I have a 8 CD changer in the boot so reconnection of this would have to also be an option.
    I was looking into replacing my standard concert stereo too & I found some really nice ones but they are smaller than the audi concert head unit one so would need to have spacer blocks either side which put me off whcih is why i was planning on keeping the standard stereo and going for the xcarlink adaptor

heres a link to some headunits all with bluetooth built in (this is the first website i found on google) but there are loads on line with prices ranging from under a ton to over a g

Bluetooth Car Stereos and Radios | Car Audio Centre Page 2