Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    2nd Gear

Status

A4 2.8 V6 30v Thermostat Replacement

I am just wondering if this can be done without having to remove the cambelt, if so has anyone done it and how easy is it??

Ta

Ian

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    I need to do same job it can be done without removing cambelt the housing for the stat is located just nxt to sump nut 4 bolts holding the housing in and stat is in there replace and refit as before. Good luck save ££££££

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian2012 View Post
    I am just wondering if this can be done without having to remove the cambelt, if so has anyone done it and how easy is it??

Ta

Ian
    no mate, you need to remove the belt in order to change the stat as it's under the belt on driver side. The belt needs taking off the cam pulley. I have done loads of them and it's not going to fit under the belt whilst tensioned...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

2nd Gear

Status
    So i presume if i marked everything up in various different places with tippex and then slackened the belt it's happy days with access to the bloody stat?? provided nothing moves pop belt back on check tippex marks rotate motor for good measure by hand and voila or is that way too simple???

Neutral

Status
    I've just been reading up on this on SRS for my S4, theres a lad on there who has done his by just sliding the belt forward enough to get access to it without actually having to remove it. If I knew it was such a pain in the arse I'd of got mine done a few weeks ago when I had my belt done!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelg1001 View Post
    I've just been reading up on this on SRS for my S4, theres a lad on there who has done his by just sliding the belt forward enough to get access to it without actually having to remove it. If I knew it was such a pain in the arse I'd of got mine done a few weeks ago when I had my belt done!
    Done a thermostat on a c5 audi a6 with the 2.4 30V engine yesterday. I had to take the belt off. Use a genuine thermostat and seal + make sure you have the right antifreeze. I usually do replace the thermostat on v6 engines for 100 supply and fit or 80 quid with your parts...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

2nd Gear

Status
    Any tips or tricks you could share to make my life easier??? I have stat and seal that i bought for another car but never fitted, my mpg is rediculous right now because of this

cheers

Ian