JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi A4 1.9 TDI 1998

Hi i have the above car. Not sure if its a B5 or B6 (no idea what these are)

The drivers door doesn't catch on the keeper correctly so i have to shut it softly for it to catch or slightly lift it up on the door handle. Any ideas on how i adjust the door so i can raise it? Does the door have to come completely off? Or is there an adjusting screw somewhere?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Check for wear in the pin on the hinge, also if the window frame or regulator has been tampered with, the door won't close properly, there are a few wedges that need adjusting in order to get a good seal from the door. Is your car a high mileage ? I suggest you take it to a bodyshop, they have experience in lining/stripping panels so may be able to adjust it for you...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Reverse Gear

Status

Audi A4 1.9 TDI 1998

Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    Check for wear in the pin on the hinge, also if the window frame or regulator has been tampered with, the door won't close properly, there are a few wedges that need adjusting in order to get a good seal from the door. Is your car a high mileage ? I suggest you take it to a bodyshop, they have experience in lining/stripping panels so may be able to adjust it for you...
    Thanks for that. Yes had it 13 years from new! Its done 164,000 now and still drives like a dream. I'll take it to a body shop then & see what they can do.