210 bhp and 225 bhp 1.8t

• Thread starter imported_kris_tdi
  • Start date
I

imported_kris_tdi

thinking of getting a leon cupra r.
anyone know what the difference in the above 2 engines is?

In reality, probably very little, just a slight increase in the tune of the car. I think the 225 my have the 6 speed box and the 210 the 5 speed, but I am not sure. Have a look on www.seatenthusiasts.co.uk for more info. They are fantastic motors, good luck, I think they look ace in silver or dark grey metallic.

No, no, no, don't go there go to www.seatcupra.net instead. There is an FAQ on the differences somewhere (do a search as it gets asked a lot).

They are both 6 speed.

210 is an AMK engine, 225 is a BAM, some internal engine differences (AMK rumoured to have stronger rods) and different wheel bearings.

Later 210s have "swoopy" door mirrors, but the 225 has a nicer (IMO) steering wheel (red strip at top). Early 225s came with tracker fitted, dropped on later 225s.

210s only came in flat colours red, yello and black, with some "limited edition" metallic platinum cars. 225s came in flat red, yellow, black and Platinum and Silver metallic were added.

Recaro option on 210 was front and rear, on 225s they are front only.

They both remap to roughly the same.

There are some other small differences.

If you're interested I think there's a herts meet coming up soon-ish.

(now why would i tell you to search, and then tell you the answer anyway???)

cheers guys, thats very helpful, ideally i fancy a red one, think they look good in that colour.

i will look at both those sites, herts meet sounds interesteing, ill have to pop along /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif:)

Oh - 210's in red were "Flash Red"
225s are "Emocion Red" (I think)

the 225 red is a slightly darker, more red/less orange, red than the 210.

Yes 210 motor had the stronger rods... this is the one to get if you are looking to install an IHI turbo or something similar. IE: Over 300 lbs/ft