Oil Control Light

Filip

Reaction score
Hi, I was driving along and the engine jerked and after about half a mile, the Oil pressure control light turned on, I stopped and turned off the engine, turned it back on and everything was fine, and then after about another 40 miles the car was running on low revs for a moment and the control light came back on. Switched ignition off, then on and it's back to normal. The car runs normally and there seems to be nothing wrong with it at all. Does anybody know what this might be? I have the 2000 Audi A4 1.8T B5 with 125000 miles on the clock. I also scanned the car with VAG-COM and no faults came up.

Thanks

Oil pick up will be blocked you will need to remove the sump and clean both the sump and pick up or it may even be worth throwing a new pump on whilst everything is off, i wouldnt risk driving it as it could damage the turbo or even worse lock up the engine my mate got unlucky he was racing down the bypass and his 1.8T passat just locked up within seconds of the light coming on.

Defo change the pump.

For the effort involved in stripping everything down, you're just as well doing the pump from the start.

Okay, thanks for the advice! Does anyone know HOW to replace the Oil pump and where it's located?

Oil pump is in the sump on the right hand side of the block sort off inline with the oil filter is best way to describe it. Just take the sump off unbolt it and bolt the new one up and make sure you use 5w40's fully synth oil