AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    2nd Gear

Status

Audi 2.7t starting problems

Sorry for posting in the a4 section (i have an a6) but from experience people are on this section more than the a6 section and my engine is technically the s4 engine.

So, i have an a6 2.7t and over the last couple of months its been taking longer and longer to start, so much that in knackered my battery (now replaced). When the car is warm, it will fire strait up. Some days it will fire after 10-15 cranks (thats a good day) but even then, you have to keep your foot down untill the revs pick up, on the other hand if it just about starts and i take my foot off the pedal and it sometimes conks back out, if it does do this i have to leave it half an hour as it just wont start! Sometimes it can take 100+ cranks to fire up (maybe more as i cant count that quick) during this you can hear and feel the car trying to fire and smell alot of petrol coming out the back.

So, any ideas???? fuel pump? coil packs? 02 sensors? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
    Audi a6 2.7 bi-turbo, spax coilovers, 3SDM 19" 10j alloys, full turbo back twin exhaust with RS6 style exits, HID's, DRL's, over sized RS6 spoiler, stage 2 remap, RS4 K&N, Infinity 6x9, infinity door speakers, orion hcca 15 in custom enclosure 1 x hifonics brx2000.1 amp and 2 x hifonics brx 640.4 amps, 2 x yellow top batterys, RS4 turbos, inlet pipes, stage 2 clutch

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    best to get it scanned , look on the vcds users map to see who is near to you.

2nd Gear

Status
    probs a stupid question but, vcds users map???
    Audi a6 2.7 bi-turbo, spax coilovers, 3SDM 19" 10j alloys, full turbo back twin exhaust with RS6 style exits, HID's, DRL's, over sized RS6 spoiler, stage 2 remap, RS4 K&N, Infinity 6x9, infinity door speakers, orion hcca 15 in custom enclosure 1 x hifonics brx2000.1 amp and 2 x hifonics brx 640.4 amps, 2 x yellow top batterys, RS4 turbos, inlet pipes, stage 2 clutch

5th Gear

Status

2nd Gear

Status
    think iv solved it, just unplugged the temp sensor and car fired strait up! so think thats my problem?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audi-a6 View Post
    think iv solved it, just unplugged the temp sensor and car fired strait up! so think thats my problem?
    Sounds right, I was going to suggest temperature sensor (water temp to be precise). Most cars will default to cold running with the sensor removed, remember to plug it back in when the car is warmed up if you plan using the car between now and when you buy/fit a new sensor.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HibiscusS4 View Post
    Sounds right, I was going to suggest temperature sensor (water temp to be precise). Most cars will default to cold running with the sensor removed, remember to plug it back in when the car is warmed up if you plan using the car between now and when you buy/fit a new sensor.
    yeah, noticed that its harder to start when warm and unplugged lol

an interesting fact aswell, is for nearly 15 months iv had a shunting problem that never has been solved (like some one drives up the back of me when taking foot of gas pedal) with the temp sensor unplugged, its gone!!!! its actually gone, the £££££ spent on trying to solve that problem, ie, new clutch/fly wheel, recon diff, hours of audi main dealer diagnostics..... not happy coz of the money but happy that the problem has been solved......