Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Can Led bulbs cause engine management light to come on??

As the title says really, i have brought some canbus (error free) or supposed to be any way side light bulbs off ebay took the headlights out today to fit them look lovely but within 20 mins of fitting them my engine management light had come on? Anyone else had this problem before?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    unrelated systems, you need to scan for faults

Neutral

Status
    Did have to unclip part of the air box to get to one of the crews on the headlight could i have done something then? Just seems really weird 20 mins after doing the bulbs it came on? Doesn't seem to be any loss of power or anything still runs as before

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Check all your connections round the airbox. You may have left something a miss.
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Neutral

Status
    Cant see it being the problem but I have seen something very similar in the past and everyone including myself said then that it cannot happen. A friend of mine had a ford Ka and had the 2 rear light clusters replaced with European spec ones to get the car registered aborad (headlights had been done months before but he didnt realise you had to swap the fog light from right to left). After the lights had been changed his engine manegement light came on and the car started to run quite badly. It turned out that the main loom earth is at the very end of the loom and the last thing on the loom is one of the rear lights and the bolt had not been done up enough.

Neutral

Status
    Well just been downstairs checking all the connections in and around the air box. i decided to take it all out and refit it just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Fired her up and no engine management light so looks like I may have disturbed something around the air box hopefully that's sorted it. Now all my other lights look yellow with lovely crystal white side lights so just order a complete set to replace all the other bulbs with nice white xenon ones. Thanks for ur help all much appreciated

5th Gear

Status
    you didnt have to buy canbus error fix bulbs as the sidelights arent connected to the lights out warning.

and led side shouldnt given you a warning anyway, ive been running led sidelights in mine now for about 3 years with no problems or warnings.

but glad you got it fixed now